Saving a rhythm anywhere at all???

Started by cvolker, November 26, 2008, 08:31:11 PM

cvolker

I am new to this device, but have recorded a track using the guitar, bass and built it rhythm.  I followed the turbo guide on-line and even saved my track as an MP3 to my Mac, but no rhythm!  I played the rhythm while "bouncing" all tracks and the song was great but again, all the tracks were there with no rhythm. I simply do not know and can't find a way to even record a rhythm to a track because I do not know what input to use to record it.  I've tried putting drums on track 1-4, by hitting record as I do with instruments, but this doesn't even work. Do I need to use a certain input? I'm sure I'm overlooking something simple, but have been through the manual multiple times. A section called "Recording a simple rhythm" would be nice.  Please help!  Thanks in advance! ??? ??? ???

Greeny

http://microrecorders.org/articles/create_a_simple_drum_sequence.html

Try this. These are the step by step instructions that got me through the first difficult week of BR drum patterns! Honestly, it will get so much easier once you get the basics.

It sounds like you haven't created an 'arrangement' for the rhythm pattern. Without doing this, the rhythm doesn't get saved into the song. The tutorial above should give you the right way to do this.

cvolker

Thanks, Greeny.  Although this helped greatly, I am happy to use the pre-set  rhythm patterns for now and the key is to putting rhythm in (AR) mode rather than (PR) mode.  When I did that, it all saved and was able to be bounced and recorded.  I appreciate your response and will get to doing my own beats in due time.  Peace.