New Song "Fast Food For The Soul"

Started by Simon M, March 09, 2011, 07:52:46 AM

dasilvasings

Yep, very Dylonesque! Glad to have you back MMM!
recorder
Boss Micro BR

launched

Yes - I love it! DylanPetty vibe is awesome!

Great songwriting - At it's best right here!

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

tom r

I echo everything thats already been said. Love the acoustic guitar sound

T
Tom Reeves
Lobelia Sound

boneonbone

This is one great song and performance.  Like others, really felt the Dylan influence on the writing and the way you lay it down.  Don't take so long between posting songs.......loved it. 
"Play because you love it. Don't worry about if it will ever make any money, just understand that playing is an end in itself, and you play music, it will make your life better. And, don't worry about being a star, don't worry about making money, worry about nothing, just sit down with your guitar and let it speak to you and that will make your life better. It will bring beauty into your life. It's a great thing to do."     ---- David Crosby

stoman

Mr. Dylan, is that you?  ;)

Regards,
  Steffen

Simon M

Thanks for all the listens and for taking time to respond.  Dylan is my all time favorite songwriter, so hearing all those comparisons makes my head swell a little.  Off work this week, so will be posting a few more songs later in the week.  Glad you all liked what I did.  Hope to listen to more of all your work soon.

Cheers

Simon

AndyR

Agree with everything said already. Yes there's a Dylan vibe there, but there's something else I couldn't put a finger on. It's got more of a swagger to it.

Love the stripped down approach, works really well. And what a great harp sound! :)

Hope you manage to get some more done in your week off - I keep squandering my time off recently! :D
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

Farrell Jackson

I like the minimal instruments approach to this song. I agree with the other observations...very Dylan-ish (a compliment) but your voice has more clarity and presence. I like the way you've started off with things panned  off to one side and then brought the second guitar in later on the other side. Mix techniques like that used to be quite normal but not so much anymore....thanks for reminding me how well that works! Good song!

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Simon M

Thanks for the listen and comments Farrell.

Rata-tat-tat

Wow... I'd say this is one helluva song. Yes... I hear the Dylan-ishness in here. Have to agree with Farrell your vox have a uniqueness to them. Those guitars are so bright and I've always been a fan of songs that use the low notes for the hook... Ghost Riders/Witchita Lineman all that single pickin stuff. Great job here... hope to hear more from ya.

recorder
Tascam DP-02