Recording acoustic jam sessions with the MBR (lika an EDIROL R-09)

Started by Nemesis1, November 26, 2008, 02:29:58 PM

I want to have a device that I can put somewhere in the room to record all the instruments that are present during a jam session (vocals + keyboard/acoustic guitar and maybe some rythm instruments...

Am not at all interested in plugging instruments to the device and using it for editing... I want it to work like a EDIROL R-09 but the EDIROL costs 150 euros more and they say in the music shop that an MBR is just as good...

Right now I'm using a camcorder for that purpose and it works alright, problem is that it's a clumsy process getting the sound to the computer while doing that...

Here's me singing to an acoustic guitar with a the camcorder placed somewhere between the guitarist and me (we didn't at all bother to take any effort placing the camera at a good spot):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWYwoBxLH_4

How much better sound quality will I get with the MBR when I use it like that?? And is the EDIROL R-09 even better??

Please answer me NOW! I need one of those recorders at once the music store closes in 45 minutes!

Too late! Already bought one, let's hope I can get it working now... Btw, is this forum rather inactive or do I just ask questions that are tricky to answer?? Or maybe I'm you all just dislike me??   ???

Greeny

Quote from: Nemesis1 on November 27, 2008, 07:30:41 PMToo late! Already bought one, let's hope I can get it working now... Btw, is this forum rather inactive or do I just ask questions that are tricky to answer?? Or maybe I'm you all just dislike me??   ???

Don't worry - we're a really friendly bunch here. But it's down to luck if anyone answers really quickly, because we're all in different time zones! Also, some of us aren't as technically-minded as others, and would find it hard to explain certain solutions. But someone will always - usually - give you the explanation you need.

The MBR has great recording quality, and you're going to love it!

Bluesberry

Don't take it personal when a response doesn't come sometimes.  This is actually a pretty darn active forum and it is almost hard to keep up with all the posts sometimes.  We all have lives outside the MicroBR world (most us us).  I have to steal a precious few minutes here and there to come on here myself.  Heck I have to steal a precious few moments to play my guitar and work on songs, etc (wife, kid, fulltime job, playing music, logging on - in that order).  Too bad we have to sleep, if not then I could have 8 hours every night to play music.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Greeny

Quote from: Bluesberry on November 28, 2008, 06:57:44 AMToo bad we have to sleep, if not then I could have 8 hours every night to play music.

You said it, brother! Work and sleep are really time-consuming, and totally get in the way of our musical kicks  >:(

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann