Finally...my very first song "Spirit Jazz"

Started by Spiritsong, March 07, 2011, 10:22:56 PM

Spiritsong

song 4
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Hi all...very pleased to offer a song here. From a little jam session with a friend who plays stand-up bass and myself on an Native American old-style flute. This was our very first time together with no rehearsal. The recording was as simple as could be...I used the on-board mike and hit record! Much thanks to Wiley and Tony (and all you others) who helped me with the Micro BR (does BR stand for BEAR? LOL) The music ended up to be a spacey type jazz sound and is a bit long (but the ending is almost perfect) so, you will love it or hate it..lol

I should also mention, this flute has old-style tuning..so parts will sound out of tune, but are really in tune to the old way. A bit different for sure. It was also very desirable in the old days that the flute had a warble (the weird noise you hear in the beginning).

launched

In the muscle car world, there is no substitute for cubic inches. In the MBR world, there is no substitute for using the onboard mic and just hitting record. Excellent Jam!!! What a great recording, and I feel the passion - Great job with this!

Love it!

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Redler

Welcome Spiritsong!

What a great piece of experimental jazzy music and stunning dialogue between bass and flute. Wow! This is music from heart and soul! Thanks for sharing...

Kari

ps. Mark hit the point, above!

recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Gritter

Sounds great and unique. This is an awesome live recording with a lot of character...avant garde in an au natural deep woods kinda way.

I look forward to more.

Tony W

Well, this was definitely worth the wait. The bass and the flute definitely made an interesting pairing. Not something I would have imagined working, but it does. Your flute skills are pretty tight. I was entertained throughout.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Oldrottenhead

great first recording spiritsong quite avant garde looking forward to hearing more from you.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Geir

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

SwanSong

SUPER for a film of some kind. very interesting concept, and hypnotic..
great sound best regards NEIL

Spiritsong

Mark-thanks so much..glad you were able to "feel" it

Kari-experimental is a good word in this instance, thanks very much!

Gritter-thanks, and yes..quite avant garde...not really my norm, but it sure was fun!

Tony- a big thanks to you for helping me make this possible

ORH-thanks, happy to hear you would listen to more! I wasn't real sure how this would be accepted.

Geir-and a big thanks to you also for your past help, what a great community here.

Swansong-thats a super compliment, thank you very much..I do like the word "Hypnotic"
must be why I like the sound track from "Twin Peaks"

Wiley

:D  OK on my second listen!!  Hubby says it sounds like it came out of Africa!!  And you know he's right.  What kind of flute is this??   Then I thought of the Aborigini's in Australia!!  What ever.  You have captured a very unique vibe.
PJ