Newbie recording?

Started by Jammers5, January 20, 2008, 02:33:27 PM

Hi all:

Just picked up the Micro BR mainly as a practicing tool (playing my guitar over MP3's to learn new songs) without disturbing others in the house. However, I know the real power of this unit is recording, something I have never done. I want to play with this part of it - I have a song written and want to record it,seeing how I have the this unit.

My 1st question is; can I set up the drum track first using the preset drum pattern? I tried following along with the book with no success. Is there a link to follow better intructions than in the manual?

My second question is can I sample the drum tracks and piuck the ones I like to create a song? If so, how?

Thanks!

Jamie

Pedro

Hello there Jamie and welcome to the forum!

QuoteMy 1st question is; can I set up the drum track first using the preset drum pattern? I tried following along with the book with no success. Is there a link to follow better intructions than in the manual?

I don't think I quite understand, you want to try the song with one of Micro BR drum arrangements preset? A drum arrangement is a sequence of drum patterns played in a specific order. If you want to try the preset drum arrangements then press RHYTHM, then TR2(AR) to turn into arrangement mode and choose one of the 50 drum arrangements that exist using the + or - buttons. You can alter the drumkit by pressing KIT and also you can change the tempo.

QuoteMy second question is can I sample the drum tracks and piuck the ones I like to create a song? If so, how?

Yes, you can create up to 5 drum arrangements in a song. To create a drum arrangement you have to program single patterns to play in a specific order. You could try to read this tutorial to see if it is any help. Also be sure to read the manual from page 80.