i'm stumped music by gu djin vox and lyrics by oldrottenhead

Started by Oldrottenhead, March 03, 2011, 04:20:30 PM

Gu Djin

" Djin Jim's" is cool.  Sounds a bit like Jim Jams though. Lol  Never been to a pyjama party.  Lol

Leigh
Guild Starfire 5, Fender Telecaster, Fender Stratocaster, K Yairi and Walden and a 12 Stagg string acoustic guitar and other music making boxes - including mandolin, bouzouki and 5 string banjo, uke and acoustic bass - a few M-Audio keyboards and a flute - all played and treated with equal love and attention - zoom ut 2 pedal and Logic Pro X

Oldrottenhead

pyjama party at ma hoose the night. daughters 9th party hoose full o screaming weans
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Johnbee

Now where did I hear this tune B4?
Hummmmmmmm?????????????

You picked the right dude to put the words to it.

Nice touch!

:) John B.

Redler

Before listening I was sure that this is worth of listening - I suppose this the first collab between orh and gu djin... I was right - this is brilliant! I have allways liked the music by both of you. Superb music with Jim's voice and lyrics. Fine post!!

Kari
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Bluesberry

Absolutely beautiful listen guys.....that wild almost off the rails rhythm, how you do that so well Leigh I'll never figure out, in anybody else's hands it would sound crap, but here it is really good.  And Jim sounds like a damn teenager here, what a beautiful clear vocal.  How the hell did you sync your vocal to this off kilter rhythm is almost spooky, bloody brilliant I say.  You have a real rhythm and groove in your vocal here Jim.  It is exactly songs like this that make this such a special place.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

AndyR

Superb guys, really superb.

Love the backing anyway (I'm off to check the instrumental out in a mo), and the orh vocal (and lyrics) are just spot on on this.
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

mr2kewl

"Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted" Bill Laswell         "Jazz is not dead, it just smells funny" Frank Zappa

wandering aimlessly around as: Mr2Kewl - The Kewl Trio - Mr2Kewl Quartet and The Total Chaos Orchestra

Ferryman_1957

This is very cool, a really interesting feel here. That lead guitar could be on any Beefheart album, I love what it is doing. And the gentle backing is really quite quirky. Great lyrics as well Jim, and the vocal performance really fits the music like a glove.

Off the wall, intriguing and quite wonderful.

Cheers,

Nigel