Black Widow (Lyrics/vox - ORH, Music re-imagined - BB)

Started by Bluesberry, February 27, 2011, 08:47:41 AM

Bluesberry

Quote from: Gnasty on February 27, 2011, 04:08:06 PMWTF BB!! Didn`t know you could play drums like that and why you holding out on us on your new GAS attack?? I like how you slow it down at the end..perfect!
Hahaha, I just got the drums two weeks ago, never played drums before in my life, and I didn't dare say anything until I got good enough to not embarrass myself.  I have been practicing hard for the last 2 weeks, I have really taken a shine to playing them, very calming after work I find.  And the slowing down part, holy shite, I had to follow Jim.  All I had to follow was his vocal track, and it sped up and slowed down like a .... well like a drunken scotsman I suppose.....just kidding Jim, I love working on music with you.  It was a bit of a challenge, and I had to just hang on, listen to the vocals and try to follow, it took a few red ales to get loose enough to follow properly I found.  I took this on as a challenge, to see if I could figure out music and play drums to Jims vocal track.  A really fun challenge.  Thanks everyone.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Geir

This is just fab !!!

Where have you've been hiding that inner drummer for so long ??

Fantastic work Dave .....

And not to shabby vocals either ;)
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Ferryman_1957

Quote from: Bluesberry on February 27, 2011, 04:32:00 PMHahaha, I just got the drums two weeks ago, never played drums before in my life, and I didn't dare say anything until I got good enough to not embarrass myself.  I have been practicing hard for the last 2 weeks, I have really taken a shine to playing them, very calming after work I find.  And the slowing down part, holy shite, I had to follow Jim.  All I had to follow was his vocal track, and it sped up and slowed down like a .... well like a drunken scotsman I suppose.....

Wow, missed the bit about the drums, well done man! Very impressive. And I know just what you mean about Jim's "randomness" - it never shows in the finished work, but when you get inside and pick them apart, they can be "interesting....". But we love him for it!

Cheers,

Nigel 

Oldrottenhead

QuoteAnd I know just what you mean about Jim's "randomness"
i know i should work to  click track or summit, but its my impatience and sense of urgency when i have an idea for something i have to get it down quick before i forget it, sometimes that means relying on  my internal caffeine fueled  metronome/bodyclock and flash harry says i can't count. lol.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Bluesberry

It makes your music more real that way Jim, that how it should be done, if we all do everything to click tracks, the music looses something..... in fact you were amazingly on the beat.  You were pretty damn tight right up to the end where you slow down in fine dramatic style.  Your songs have real dynamics Jim.

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

SwanSong

Enjoyed this unique song and geat job on the drums . for first go around.
very interesting laid out song good vox as usual thumb sup on THIS, NEIL

Greeny

Fabulous! I got a real Pink Floyd 'Shine On' feel from the guitar. You're developing that Gilmour style of tasteful, epic blues really beautifully. How you managed to do this is beyond me, but man, you really did it! My god, it really takes off when those drums kick in.

lg

Dave's got a good point about making it more real that way.....

LG
nothing is real... So theres nothing to get hung about!

Bluesberry

Bump for Jim, I believe this was our first actual collab, and what a wild ride it was to try to keep up with your wonderful vocals.

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oldrottenhead

wasnt the first bb, theres all those gabriel covers.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann