Black Widow (Lyrics/vox - ORH, Music re-imagined - BB)

Started by Bluesberry, February 27, 2011, 08:47:41 AM

Bluesberry

Black Widow (128)
Time:
0:00
Volume:
FaBFest (banner image missing)

Jim graciously posted the WAV tracks of his latest song and invited folks to have a play with it.  I felt inspired to take just the vocals track and try to build a song around it.  I didn't want to be swayed by his wonderful instrumentation, so I just took the vocals.  Then I re-imagined the song song around the wonderful vocals.  Flipping hell Jim, what key is this.  It worked out to either Eb or Cm best I could tell.  Who writes songs in Eb?  Beauty.  And the other thing I wanted to do was record playing my newest toy, I got myself a Roland HD-1, entry level Roland E-drum kit.  I have had it for about 2 weeks and am slowly getting the hang of drumming, drumming is bloody hard stuff.  I wanted to record the drums to hear how they record.  So drums were played by me on my new E-drum kit.  Thanks Jim for posting the song and inviting us to play around with it, I had a lot of fun.

Black Widow
Lyrics/Vocals - ORH
Music re-imagined - Bluesberry
Recorded on BR-1200, Epi Sheraton, Bass, Synth
Drums are played on my new Roland HD-1

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oldrottenhead

bloody nora! gaun yersel bb. first off when you said you where gonna use just the vox i thought he must be mad but blooming eck youve gone and done it, and added drums sheeesh, it must have been like trying to shepherd cats what with my natural bpm all over the place. to say i am blown away is an understatement, jings crivvens and help ma boab and fmgwabp.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

launched

Oh yeah, Dave! Epic masterpiece! Way to put some great intrumentation to Jim's mysteriously cool vocals!

I like how you picked up the drums and posted something. I dabbled with them a while back but never had the stones to post anything, but you seem to keep a great beat and they sound really good too.

Awesome tune!

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

lg

What a truly magical invention you 2 have come up with!
must put this on loop....
 ;D ;D ;D

LG
nothing is real... So theres nothing to get hung about!

AndyR

Just heard this over on alonetone.com - stunning work. Even more stunning now I've read the story on here.

I was already stunned by what you'd managed with drums in two weeks.

And now I find you constructed the track around just the vocal!!

Did I say I was stunned...

Yep, I'm stunned :D

EDIT: Better go and listen to orh's original now!
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

Ferryman_1957

Amazing Dave, a fantastic reimagining. I love the way you melded the vox into something completely different like they were always there. This is so clever it really is a testament to your skill and creativity. Well done indeed, superb work!

Cheers,

Nigel

Johnny_E

recorder
Boss BR-800

Gnasty

WTF BB!! Didn`t know you could play drums like that and why you holding out on us on your new GAS attack?? I like how you slow it down at the end..perfect! Can i borrow your kit?..That sounds sweet!!

I never wanna hear you play Mbr or br-600 drums again!!  :D

Great guitar playing too...Love the pinch harmonics you`re doing..Very pro from just lyrics.

Love it!! This song has inspired a few for sure!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

Tangled Wires

Wow, where you been hiding those drum playing skills BB, they sound amazing....wish I could play em...have had a go in the past but failed miserably.

Taking the vocal on its own and working a new fantastic arrangement around it takes some dedication...and some supreme talent!

recorder
Boss Micro BR