Service question about Micro BR. "Broken Master Volume Knob"

Started by mwwhite, November 23, 2008, 05:10:13 PM

Service question about Micro BR. Broken Master Volume Knob

I have BR that I used about 3 weeks ago without any problems. After using it, I packed it away.
I carry the unit in the leather case that is available for it, and then I store
it in its own small compartment in a small road case.

2 weeks went by:

I pulled the unit out of the road case to up-load a song to my computer and noticed that the
master volume knob was missing. When I moved the unit around (shook it) I heard
something moving around inside. I took the BR to an authorized repair center about a week ago.

The service center called me yesterday and left a message saying the BR was finish/repaired/ready to be
picked up/no charge......"cool"

So today I drove over to the center to pick it up. I looked at it? They had the wheel (v-knob) and another small
part, in a baggie type of a bag, taped to the BR.  Then I realized that the unit had not been repaired.

I told the guy behind the counter that the unit wasn't repaired. and he told me that the only
information he had was that the service tech called Roland and was told that  the "part was not available"

I find this a little unusual? I also find it very unusual that the Master volume knob can just fall off without
being mis-handled while in two different cases. The leather case, as some of you may know, has a big buckle its side,
making it pretty impossible for the unit to have been knocked or pushed, making the knob "just fall off"

I really like this unit!
I only bought this 8-9 months ago.
Should I contact Roland/Boss directly?

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Michael

Flash Harry

I should say so, there is a guarantee with these things.

Send it back.

I don't know how you will survive without it though. That's a tough one which I can't help you with. You can't have mine I'm afraid.....
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Update:

I contacted the service center today and after talking with them, they told me
that they would send the unit back to Roland for a replacement.

That's more like it!!!

thanks