'Collection Box' - Greeny Original

Started by Greeny, February 23, 2011, 07:13:17 AM

Greeny

Quote from: Willie Wendon on February 24, 2011, 03:29:26 AMHi Tim, another gem. I just love the lyrics on this, I have the feeling that once you'd started they just flowed. Nice guitar work, I've played Danelectros in the past but never one with a whammy bar. I seem to remember the treble will cut you off at the knees if you're not careful. Download for when I get home......Willie

Thanks Willie!

This song and lyric evolved from the photo I took of an old-fashioned charity collection box in a butchers shop in Southwark (the one on the album cover above). So the picture came first. As always though, I applied the words to myself and hey presto... a song!

Nelson

Absolutely stunning Tim.
Another cool creation.
A great example for songwriters.
Never under estimate the power and inspiration of a simple conversation, phrase, or photo.

Your work inspires many.
recorder
Reaper

recorder
Boss BR-600

Facemask93

You've every reason to be proud of this one Tim , its a cracker , love the lyrics , and what a great bass line , the chorus is infectious to say the least , and of course, Danelectro heaven
Wonderfull song , written by a brilliant singer / songwriter

Rob

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

"All along the ancient wastes the thin reflections spin,
that gather all the times and tides at once we love within."
 - Roy Harper

Gritter

bright and sunny pop. Great recording...I can definitely hear a bit of Paul Weller influence here.

Geir

I know I've said it before, but I have to say it again:

This is my favourite Greeny song !!!!!

It's absobloddylutely marvellous !!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

AndyR

Oh it's wonderful Greeny! Just wonderful :)

And some great sounds from that Dano - makes me think I want to get mine out and restring it. No whammy on mine though...

And talking of whammy - superb tasteful use of it on here.
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

Sundbo

The best post I've heard so far! Great guitar sound. Also like the way you create the bass line. Excellent production and performance, and above all a great song.

Hmmm... Vox amps  :). Cool. Wish I had one of those!

FuzzFace

This is such a great song... and a model production.

I love the picture, too.

des0free

Another perfect song.  Catchy too.  The only thing better than the guitars and bass are the vocals which have a nice wide range!  Lyrics rule!
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Zoom R24
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Ferryman_1957

You should be proud Tim, top notch effort. Combines wonderful lyrics with an image from the past and you added some sublime chord sequences to make music that will live for ever. Love the Danelectro and of course the bass as well. Superb.

Cheers,

Nigel