Emufest: Tears in Rain

Started by Ferryman, February 17, 2011, 09:34:28 AM

alfstone

Hi Nigel!

I had no doubt that you could make great things with the YRG, but this tune is far beyound my expectations! Bravo! Really!

I'm glad you'r enjoying the YRG, and yes, I confirm, for how much it costs, with the YRG you may obtain many things you couldn't afford before...

MORE!  :)

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Tascam DP-24
recorder
Logic Pro
recorder
Adobe Audition
http://soundcloud.com/alfredo-de-pietra 
http://www.flickr.com/photos/26939208@N03/

Ferryman

Hi all, sorry for the late self bump but I wanted to respond to some of your kind comments!

Thanks for the positive feedback, and Flash, thanks for coming back to comment! Neil, I think you might hear distortion because a lot of the sounds are quite "breathy" and the bass sound at the end is quite "raw". I did check it on a spectrum analyzer and there's only a tiny bit of peaking on some frequencies so I don't think there is any clippling going on. Tharek, i'm glad it helped you overcome your synth rejection and thanks to everyone else that liked it, the feedback is much appreciated.

Cuth, there's no sequencing here. I laid down a click track and played everything live over it, gradually building up the layers. The percussion was also played by hand live rather than looped. And Alfredo, many thanks for turning me on to the YRG, I aboslutely love it! I have a new toy, a Mopho synth module, which I will be using with the YRG in future.....

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

cuthbert

Quote from: Ferryman on March 03, 2011, 11:19:03 AM...there's no sequencing here. I laid down a click track and played everything live over it, gradually building up the layers. The percussion was also played by hand live rather than looped.

Very cool, Nigel - I don't know the features of the PMA5, and was not sure if it has a sequencer on it. I also prefer to play the (so far not very much) midi stuff live myself, as the music just feels better that way.

I've got another piece I started earlier that I haven't finished that has a PKD thematic reference in it. Love his novels and short stories, and find his work superior to the various movie versions released of them so far. Right now it's only a cheapo pre-midi Casiotone and Korg Monotron, both recorded along with a rough vocal sketch and mixed on the MicroBR. When it's done, not sure if I'll enter it for emuFest or FaBFest!  :D

And this is a great bump - it gave me another opportunity to listen again. Love the all the instrument tones you got here, the little Roland box sounds like quite a capable piece of kit! And I keep meaning to get a Kaossilator, I've heard it used so well by you and others. You've put it all together very well.  And yes I agree, we definitely went with similar themes!

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

pjd1

Wonderfull !!!!!!!!!!! you are a talented lad Mr Ferryman !! that synth is amazing !!

Dunny
recorder
Boss BR-800

Cheers
Happiness is a warm ES 335, Boss BR800, Tascam dp 24 , Boss Micro , Fender Strat 70s original, Line 6 classical modeling guitar, yamaha ps 125 keyboard. Hohner Bass guitar.

recorder
Tascam DP-24

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-8

guitarron

love that moog lead patch-nice"guitar track"-very impressive work

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Love this song. I think it should be bumped on a more regular basis..............Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800

Geir

Quote from: Willie Wendon on June 30, 2011, 06:10:11 AMLove this song. I think it should be bumped on a more regular basis..............Willie
it should !!

BUMP !!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Flash Harry

Ace bump G-man and still a fab track Nigel!
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.