Devils Mojo

Started by The Reverend 48, February 12, 2011, 01:02:20 PM

The Reverend 48

Thanks guys
it was my first time ever in Drop D tuning and also my first experiment using the more unusual modes!

Ferryman

Love it - those modes really give a nice edge to the music. Dave posted a modal doodle and it had a great feel, this one drips pure evil! Certainly a nice heavy feel to it and very atmospheric. Great to hear those gravelly tones over the intro, and I wanted it to continue! Great sounds and very good drums as well, they fit perfectly.

Great start to the week!

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

The Reverend 48

Quote from: Ferryman on February 14, 2011, 02:30:59 AMGreat sounds and very good drums as well, they fit perfectly.

Thanks Nigel they took ages layering one bar segments in audacity!

Greeny

Wow! That's quite a departure, but it goes to a place you sound right at home in. Love the drums and and the grinding rhythm work. It was a bit short though - I was really getting into it when it faded out. Fine guitar work, and I like those sinister sounding scales you're using a lot. Great work Mike!

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

henwrench

Oh yes!  Very 'Black'! And those drums! Worth the work, 48. Top notch!

henwrench
The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Bluesberry

Black as the night.........great sound here Mike.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

tom r

Your modes doit for me!!!
bit of an eastern vibe me thinks