Modal DDDDDoodle in D

Started by Bluesberry, February 02, 2011, 04:07:26 PM

Bluesberry

Modal DDDDoodle in D
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Mike (The Rev) made up a backer by playing a D power chord with no 3rd droning away (this way you can play major or minor stuff over it).  I added some keys and bass and then did a modal jam over the top.  A few of us have been looking into the modes stuff a bit and so for this jam I played around with all the D modes (D Ionian, D Dorian...etc), just mixed them up as I was playing, no pattern really.   Just a wank really, but it was fun, big snow storm here again, and instead of going out with a shovel in hand, I stayed inside with my guitar in hand (Epi Sheraton).

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Boognish

Nice... very moody and different!
Okay to cover.

chip withrow

I love stuff like this - things I would never think to do myself. Very, very cool use of scales - sounds exotic, yet also bluesy and metallic and spacy. All atop a deep, deep groove. And the persistent drone makes it all the more hypnotic. Makes me realize what I'm missing by sticking to all the folky structures.

Oldrottenhead

let it snow let it snow let it snow.

just leave that shovel well alone.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Greeny

That's a doodle?! Now you're scaring me, lol. There's some very nice and exotic variations going on here, and that Epi sounds mighty fine. Cool work!

Facemask93

My Epi never sounded like this , beautifull tones , very eary Floyd to my ears
Well done Dave , i love it

Rob

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

"All along the ancient wastes the thin reflections spin,
that gather all the times and tides at once we love within."
 - Roy Harper

Gu Djin

Nice sounds from those fingers and an extravagant doodle indeed.  Part of the playing were reminiscent of some Jeff Beck stuff I regularly listen to.

Leigh
Guild Starfire 5, Fender Telecaster, Fender Stratocaster, K Yairi and Walden and a 12 Stagg string acoustic guitar and other music making boxes - including mandolin, bouzouki and 5 string banjo, uke and acoustic bass - a few M-Audio keyboards and a flute - all played and treated with equal love and attention - zoom ut 2 pedal and Logic Pro X

Ferryman_1957

Hmmm, I must learn something about all that stuff. I really like the slighly exotic feel that the modes give, sometimes a bit Eastern, sometimes a bit "edgy". I really enjoyed this, ok it's noodling but there's a great feel to it and the backer gives it a nice ambient groove. It's a bit System 7 - watch out Steve Hillage!

Cheers,

Nigel

Tangled Wires

I know next to nothing about theory, but I do know that you have created a cool vibe with your playing here, and that is one fantastic guitar tone.

It's quite acceptable to have a wank now and again ;)

recorder
Boss Micro BR