Hi - first post from me...and a question...

Started by Yuri, November 20, 2008, 09:57:39 PM

Yuri

Hi all.  Have had my Micro BR for about a month - what a fab tool.   So far I've used it to record my music lessons and replay them later on (invaluable).

I've also recorded 2 part guitar pieces and mixed them down (this exercise has revealed the limitations of my playing!!).

I'm just about to pick up a set of keyboards (the type you need to plug into an amp), and it occurs to me that I might be able to record from the keyboard to the Mirco BR via the guitar jack?  

Anyone got an opinion on this?   Is there any danger of damage to the Micro BR? (I can't see why there would be...)

Thanks.

Yuri.
Crazed & Donfused...

Flash Harry

Hi Yuri, Welcome to the board.

There is no danger in recording the keyboards, however, you might get better results from the line in input, particularly if the keyboard has a stereo output.

Cheers

Harry
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

beleg

Quote from: Yuri on November 20, 2008, 09:57:39 PMHi all.  Have had my Micro BR for about a month - what a fab tool.   So far I've used it to record my music lessons and replay them later on (invaluable).

that is funny, I used it for the same thing when I first got it.

Oldrottenhead

Quotethat is funny, I used it for the same thing when I first got it.
now you use it to freak out people on the train lmao, same as i do in the park.

"mummy why is that man mumbling into that little silver box?" "nothing to worry about honey , i think its his medication dispenser"
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann