Stopping player after MP3

Started by gwillow, November 20, 2008, 11:23:49 AM

New guy to the site. Quickly found an answer on how to record over an MP3. Thanks!

One of the reasons I bought this little unit was to be able to play against backing tracks that I have. What I want to do is queue up a track and of course play against it, but I do not want it to automatically start playing the next track immediately. I assume others here on this site are using the Micro for this duty. How are you handling it? Only thought I had was to add enough blank trailer to the end of the backing track to give myself enough time to press stop. It would be nice not to have to do this however. PLease let me hear your thoughts.

Gregg

No ideas on this? I would like to hear from someone if this is not possible.

Hi,

I don't know how to do what you want to.  Perhaps having only 1 mp3 in the folder would work.  Your idea of a blank track would also work and this can easily be done on the micro itself. 

I don't know if this will be helpful, but I use the training mode quite a bit and when working on one song I just use the a/b points, and these can be set at the beginning and end of the song so you can, in effect, repeat the song because it is looping the whole song.

Cheers.

beleg

I am not sure I fully understand your problem, but when I jam along with backing tracks, I create a new song on the micro be and then import the mp3's onto different virtual tracks. This way I can switch between them without having to load a new song. So, for example, let's say I have 3 backing  tracks "blues jam.mp3", rock jam.mp3", and "jazz jam.mp3"  I will put blues jam on  t1 v1, rock on t1 v2 and jazz jam on t1 v3.  I then record on T2, T3, and T4.