'The Moon on a String' - A Greeny original & post 5,001 !

Started by Greeny, January 21, 2011, 04:23:31 AM

Greeny

03_TIM GREEN_Moon on a String_new version
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Just a Tanglewood 6-string acoustic, a Takamine 12-string acoustic, bass, vocals, and MBR drums. All recorded and mixed on the MBR. This started as a simple, acoustic-only lullaby type song, but it now has a bit more going on. Still quite simple though.

The guitars (both electro-acoustic) are recorded via both the direct guitar and mic inputs on the MBR. It gives a nice balance and 'live' feel to the sound / tone.

Warning: Slush Alert. Maybe not one for the rockers on here, lol  :D

henwrench

Fantastic! I love it when each song you post seems even better than the last, and as they say, you're only as good as your last song. And when them B/V's come in..... o lord!!

henwrench
The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Geir

aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh !!!

sooooooooooooo good !!!

ditto what henny said !! You're an unstoppable hit-machine!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Oldrottenhead

fanbloodytastic congrats on hitting the 5000 landmark, you should have hit it long ago ya auld bugger. ditto what henny and geir said loving it and i'll shut up and listen again.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Kenneth

beautiful song. Your singing is extremely easy to listen to, wonderful.
"...a guitar sound that you could curdle cream with." Ferryman

64Guitars

Nice job, Tim. A very beautiful song.

And congratulations on achieving Super Hero status!

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." - Robert M. Pirsig

Flash Harry

Super song from a super hero (and personal hero too).

Bass playing is rather fine Tim.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

ODH

Standards the like of which I can only aspire to, both in songwriting and in forum posting.  Seriously good song though, one which will be added to my 'forum downloads' playlist on my iPod (which is a pretty exclusive list, I must say).
[edit] Just realised what it was trying to remind me of; mid to late period XTC.  Which is praise indeed from me, 'cause they're ace.  Not sure which song yet.
Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter

cuthbert

This is my new favorite Greeny song. Can I get that line registered someplace?  :D

Love all the little touches on the two acoustics - they sound fine and zingy to my ears. As always, I'm amazed out how clean your recordings are. And as henwrench mentioned, those background vocals are superb, along with all the rest of the song.  8)

Oh, and congrats on attaining Super Hero status! Although I think you reached that long ago...  ;)
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Redler

It seems you've got an inexhaustible songwriting source...tune after tune, you write just stellar songs - like this. I can't find new words to describe your songs! "Loistava biisi..." in Finnish :)

Congrats for achieving the honourable milestone!

Kari
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR