so close and yet so far by honker

Started by Oldrottenhead, January 19, 2011, 02:04:39 AM

Oldrottenhead

so close and yet so far by honker
Time:
0:00
Volume:
got the music from kenneth this morning and was stuck for a lyric, but had the title in my head. which led to the rest. which is basically a namecheck for as many songcrafters as i could fit in, so apologies for anyone i missed out. it is also a celebration of this site and the thing that always blows my mind about this place, the fact that we are all scattered round the world but are drawn together here. i love you all.

i also have had the good fortune of meeting a few of you, and hope that inthe future i have the good fortune to meet more of you.
music by kenneth words by oldrottenhead
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Geir

ahhh the world is good !! another honker tune !!

Kenneth, you've once again made some fabulous music! You're a musical painter of wonderful melodic soundscapes!

I love the sentiment of the song ....

I feel so close to many of you guys and yet you're too far away so I can really relate!

But James you old bugger, about time you learned to pronounce my name now ;) I think you need to come over for another lesson ;D ;D
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Redler

Another new and warm Songcrafters community-song, James!! The chorus can't be more catchier!! Ken, you're a real songwriter wizard - just a fabulous melody and arrangement!

Quote from: oldrottenhead on January 19, 2011, 02:04:39 AMi love you all.

Ditto!

Kari
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Greeny

Lol... I'm honoured! That was quite a shock when you started singing, lol. This is a mighty fine and catchy track. The guitar work is superb... I can hear some kind of greek melody chiming in here and there. Either way, it's a lovely and lovingly layered guitar cake. And the lyrics are wonderful and poignant. This is a very poignant place though!

Kenneth

Well that's a whole lotta fun!
Great stuff Jim, loved it!

Thanks for the nice music comments guys, helps  keep me playing!
"...a guitar sound that you could curdle cream with." Ferryman

OsCKilO

Thanks for the Name Check!!!

It may be time for a spring songcrafters get-together!

Cool Tune this one!

Got a Indie 90s movie feel!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Kenneth

regarding the lyrics, I've always thought it would be great to one day do a community song where as many members as possible have a share in it.

ex. 1 write a melody ,1 the  chorus, 1 the words, 1 add drums, several  sing , 1 or 2 do a guitar solo, etc, etc.
That would be fun, a worldwide collab song.

Anyhow today my head is in the clouds ;)

"...a guitar sound that you could curdle cream with." Ferryman

Tangled Wires

Brilliant!!!
Ken's guitar work in the verses is sublime, and Jim's vocal melody sits perfectly over this and is catchy as hell.
Never thought I would hear "andrewh" in a lyric, but was very flattered Jim..thank you!

recorder
Boss Micro BR

chip withrow

Thought I heard my name in there, but even if I didn't, this is a beautiful, shimmering, uplifting, rocking song. A perfectly fitting tribute to this site. Your vocal is understated yet right-on - reminds me of Simple Minds (wasn't his name Jim Kerr?).

hardlock

Great collab guys - nice worldly vibe for suce a worldly shout-out!  ;D
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure