music to jam with

Started by beleg, November 19, 2008, 01:28:43 PM

BossMicroBRew

I just stumbled upon this post.  This is a good find for this guy.  I can't wait to try some of these out.  It seems like playing over backing tracks, you can often come up with little riffs and other "ditties" you would not have otherwise.
"90-proof pain, I shot at a time."  -George Molton

Dmann

I just found an awesome site with over 1000 mp3 backing tracks for mostly guitar or singers.... very high quality and most importantly free.

http://www.guitarbt.com/index.php?page=dl_list

I have noticed some of them will need to be converted to play on the MicroBR, and some of them are not 100% accurate but so far most are pretty well done, alot of MIDI recorded MP3's. Several original songs with the center channel (vocals) cut.

All in all a great site IMO.

BossMicroBRew

WOW!  You all have really made my day today!   :o
"90-proof pain, I shot at a time."  -George Molton

Kody

Hey thanks- these are great....

I was wandering if any of you guys know of any free mp3 sites in karaoke style with all the music and no vocals....I can't seem to find anything without getting the run around.  I'd like to try just singing some songs without having to lay down guitar tracks...

Maybe the best bet would be to use the center cancel function on the mbr, but I'd think there would be a little better quality stuff out there....probably not free though :'(
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

Greeny

Quote from: Acoustick_NE on March 10, 2009, 01:12:16 PMHey thanks- these are great....

I was wandering if any of you guys know of any free mp3 sites in karaoke style with all the music and no vocals....I can't seem to find anything without getting the run around.  I'd like to try just singing some songs without having to lay down guitar tracks...

Maybe the best bet would be to use the center cancel function on the mbr, but I'd think there would be a little better quality stuff out there....probably not free though :'(

This site isn't free, but it has plenty on it - and it's cheaper than most sites. Most songs are £1.50 (sterling), but for something you really want, that isn't too bad. You can pay via PayPal. Check out the sample before you buy though - some of the big band swing stuff I was after was done on horrible synths.

http://www.karaoke-version.com/