Americas - Music by P.O.S.C., lyrics and vocals by oldrottenhead

Started by alfstone, January 16, 2011, 03:59:59 PM

alfstone

Americas_mixdown (master)
Time:
0:00
Volume:
This song was born some months ago. It was composed by Roberto Maffione (as all the music by P.O.S.C.), and in its origin it was called America, and it was about the different meanings a word like "America" can have.

Then James added these lyrics so, more correctly, now it is "Americas"...

Enjoy!

Alfredo

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Tascam DP-24
recorder
Logic Pro
recorder
Adobe Audition
http://soundcloud.com/alfredo-de-pietra 
http://www.flickr.com/photos/26939208@N03/

SE

Classy tune, quality on show, love,in all the sounds so well put together and the ORH vox really fit in well. The Santana guitar and latin vibe is cool too,excellent!!
recorder
Boss BR-80

Greeny

There's a lot of depth in this. Very ambitious, but with such a breadth of musicality and production skills. I love the little injection of 'latin' in the groove, and the nod to Santana on the lead guitar. Then ORH gives it the perfect vocal and thoughtful lyric to finish it off perfectly. Superb work.

Geir

Fabulous music !!

2 listens already and I'll be listening to this on my piPod on the way back from work !!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Oldrottenhead

wikipedia should get the credit for the lyrics, i opened 3 or 4 pages on the early history of the continent and sang snippets chronologically, idea being that america is more than just the usa, the last line about the kingdom of cusco was at the time of the war of independence cusco was the same size as all the us colonies.

The land which Pachacutec conquered was about the size of the Thirteen Colonies at the outbreak of the American Revolution of 1776, and consisted of nearly the entire territory of the Andes mountain range.

thank you alfredo and roberto from bringing me onboard, im not worthy.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Ferryman

Wonderful music here, I agree with Tim, I love the production and arrangement. Great feel, I love all those odd vocal sounds going on. Great idea for lyrics Jim, they really fit well with the music, and actually quite thought provoking. A very effective collab guys, well done.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

stoman

Sounds great on head phones. Well done, guys!

Regards,
  Steffen