Looking for people interested in helping with vocal harmony on Good Vibrations

Started by rich2k4, January 16, 2011, 10:55:59 AM

rich2k4

ERROR: No MP3 file found.

All topics in the Post Your Work boards must have either an mp3 file attached or include a link to an external mp3 file ([singlemp3] tags) in the message body.

i'm working on a cover of Good Vibrations,  and i came up with the idea of having multiple people on vocals doing harmony.  I already have one person helping out.  I need 2-3 more people.

It would help if you have experience singing harmony.  I'm also trying to find people who have the right voices for this type of stuff.

I have the harmony sheet music, and a midi file, for those who are interested.  If you are interested, i want to hear your singing.

cuthbert

I'm interested, rich2k4.

Check the songs in my playlist, and see if you think my voice might be a good fit for what you had in mind - if not, no biggie.  :)

-cuth
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Greeny

Wow - I admire your ambition! I can sing harmonies, but it's not a song I would dare take on. The biggest problem will be with the Brian Wilson high falsetto parts. ANYONE should be able to cover the Mike Love bit though, lol.

Speed Demon

Greeny, I think the really high falsetto in this tune was done with a Theremin.
It is the only way I could accurately reproduce that sound.

Gene

recorder
Boss eBand JS-8

recorder
Adobe Audition

There is room for all of God's creatures.
Right next to my mashed potatoes.

Greeny

I thought it was Brian doing the high part, but it looks like some-one else is covering it on the video below. Either way, there's a lot going on! This video is quite good for seeing the different compenents. Brian has lost the plot by this point (1976), so probably isn't doing what he did on the actual recorded version...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nC2gZMNkyJo

Speed Demon

recorder
Boss eBand JS-8

recorder
Adobe Audition

There is room for all of God's creatures.
Right next to my mashed potatoes.

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann