Your Arms Ain't Painted On (Original)

Started by Vanncad, January 14, 2011, 10:41:27 AM

Vanncad

ArmsAintPaintedOn_SC
Time:
0:00
Volume:
This one's for my dad.

Recorded (a little too hot) mostly using the BR600 internal mics.
Bass=GTR Effect P062 "Clean Tubes"
Lead Guitar = GTR Effect P31 "Country"
Mastered with P013 "Acoustic"
It ain't pretty being easy.

Okay to Cover

Tony W

I get the first comment on a Vanncad song? Hell yeah!

The way you transition into country is amazing Van. You have the style nailed. I loved the harmonies on the picking your friends part (and the lyrics).

You and Charlie Daniels should collab. I think it would be a match made in heaven.

This is an absolutely fantastic song, musically it's brilliant. I love the lyrics.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Tangled Wires

Fabulous song and performance Vann, I think I would like any song you did, no matter what genre. Your vocal is perfect for this style of music, and the harmonies are superb.

recorder
Boss Micro BR

lectric

Great song Van.  I know a few that should hear this tune and start doing things for themselves. Great job on lyrics, vox and music.  Well Done.....Lectric
Dance as if no one were watching.
Sing as if no one were listening.
And live every day as if it were your last.
- Irish proverb

Saijinn Maas

I'm not big on country music... but this is AWESOME! Great playing, great feel, great lyrics!

Gritter

Hell ya, this is good! Great lyrics and that drawl is priceless. Wicked tune!

stoman

Guys, if that's not music, then I've never heard any music before. The song is a perfect combination of folk, country, blues and rock and the performance really outstanding.

I had a discussion with a professional mixing engineer recently where I said a really good song works fine with a homerecording production. He thought I was talking nonsense. But I'm pretty sure he has never listened to songs like this.

Great job!

Regards,
  Steffen

T.C. Elliott

This is excellent. Absolutely excellent.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

Ferryman

Now I didn't see this coming! What a huge song and what brilliant lyrics. This had me wanting to leap around and shout "yeehah" or something like that! Great work Vann, brilliant performance and playing and what a change of style, which you master so well! Wonderful, just wonderful.

I guess the saying is one of your dad's right?

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Oldrottenhead

jings crivvens and help ma boab this is awesome
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann