Oh Canada - political correctness gone mad

Started by Migs, January 13, 2011, 04:19:57 PM

OsCKilO

You know what....

I never noticed that Lyric until now...

All  remember was stuff about Microwave ovens...

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Migs

Quote from: Gnasty on January 13, 2011, 04:58:47 PMI would have to say the N word is the worst word in the english language yet it is being used now in rap songs and street slang by every race yet we don`t hear an uproar about that as much.

I wish it were true ... http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/books/news/twains-classic-loses-the-nword-for-modern-age-2177172.html#
Fender 50s Reissue Tele (Mex) - blonde
Takamine EF-389 12 String Accoustic/Electric
Peavey Bandit 75; VOX AC30
Boss ME 50; Boss Micro BR; Kaossilator !

Gritter

I suggest that this censorship is offensive to writers and artists!

pictoratus

I guess when they get around to banning all the words, we'll be listening to instrumentals!

I really detest patriarchal government, but then I'm from Texas so what else would you expect.  ;D

Greeny

The world is fucked. George Orwell foresaw it all in 1984. Pretty soon we'll have the equivalent of his 'versificator' machine churning out government-approved songs for the mindless masses....

"The tune had been haunting London for weeks past. It was one of countless similar songs published for the benefit of the proles by a sub-section of the Music Department. The words of these songs were composed without any human intervention whatever on an instrument known as a versificator..."

Greeny

It's also incredible that 'the powers that be' will censor a well-known and tongue-in-cheek song because of a particular word, and yet allow an organisation like the Westboro Baptist Church to exist and preach it's hatred in public. As far as I'm concerned, these deluded monsters should be locked up and never allowed to show their faces or views to anybody ever again. A church? They are as close to pure evil as it's possible to be.

Just another reason why hearing Louis Armstrong's 'What a Wonderful World' always depresses me. It's not.

peterp

The world really is geting Double-Plus Ungood.

recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Quote from: - Newton Minow, head of FCC 1961"Television, America's vast wasteland"

Greeny

This is what we've eaten in Britain for many years. Well, I haven't eaten them since I was a kid, but they were quite a frequent meal in the 70's if you were poor and lived on a council estate like I did. They are pretty nasty tasting, but I IMMEDIATELY DEMAND THAT THEY ARE REMOVED FROM SALE BECAUSE THEY ARE SOOOOOOO OFFENSIVE TO THE GAY COMMUNITY!!!!!!

Facemask93

I'll have you know Faggots and Pea's are a delicacy in the Black Country Tim , and i still love em with chips
Rob

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

"All along the ancient wastes the thin reflections spin,
that gather all the times and tides at once we love within."
 - Roy Harper

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann