Oh Canada - political correctness gone mad

Started by Migs, January 13, 2011, 04:19:57 PM

Migs

I really don't know what to say about this ...

"Canadian radio stations have been warned to censor the 1985 Dire Straits hit Money for Nothing, after a complaint the lyrics of the Grammy Award-winning song are derogatory to gay men."

http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/music/faggot-to-be-removed-from-dire-straits-song-20110114-19q9m.html
Fender 50s Reissue Tele (Mex) - blonde
Takamine EF-389 12 String Accoustic/Electric
Peavey Bandit 75; VOX AC30
Boss ME 50; Boss Micro BR; Kaossilator !

peterp

Oh My (in my best George Takei voice imitation),
a tied bundle of twigs went and complained and they listened to it instead of setting fire to it as the kindling?

Only in Canuckistan!

recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Quote from: - Newton Minow, head of FCC 1961"Television, America's vast wasteland"

Oldrottenhead

the world's gone mad  before long they will be giving women the vote
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Gnasty

That`s Canada`s political system for you. So why don`t they pass a bill secretly like they now seem to have the power to do and take the word right off Canadian search engines.

If i go to Dictionary.com the first meaning for faggot is? http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/faggot

I would have to say the N word is the worst word in the english language yet it is being used now in rap songs and street slang by every race yet we don`t hear an uproar about that as much.

This world is fucked!! Am i allowed to say that??  ???

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

Oldrottenhead

dire straits should be banned from the airways completely, they even make coldplay sound exciting.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Bluesberry

Quote from: oldrottenhead on January 13, 2011, 05:03:24 PMdire straits should be banned from the airways completely, they even make coldplay sound exciting.
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha...thats a good one

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Gritter

Maybe if they changed their name to Dire Queers they could get away with it!

Gnasty

Quote from: oldrottenhead on January 13, 2011, 05:03:24 PMdire straits should be banned from the airways completely, they even make coldplay sound exciting.

That`s basically what they`re just gonna do. Not play the song at all. Who wants it takin out?

Or you could replace it..hmm

That little freakboy
That little funguy or fungi
That little futon
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity