I guess practically everybody is from England on here?

Started by FuzzFace, November 18, 2008, 03:00:36 PM

Oldrottenhead

i should really write a book about the faux pas that have happened to me on holiday over the years in my feeble attempt to learn the local lingoes
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

alfstone

Quote from: oldrottenhead on May 02, 2011, 05:51:24 PMthe manager came out and asked me 2 questions, please tell me in english what you want and who sent you.

when i told him who sent me he laughed knowing the waiter,

the following year went back to same place and got cases in apartment wee one in pram and went to same taverna waiter worked at. it was early in the evening but we where starved so taverna was quite.
waiter had back to us and was having a laugh with the only couple in the place. they where scottish like myself. the male customer told the waiter that there where customers. me my wife and wee one. the waiter turned and saw us. he immediately turned back to the couple and exclaimed loudly, "that's the guy i was just telling you about, the guy i sent for the blowjob".

14 years later, last year in fact, we went back on holiday to the same resort and  he was still there telling the same story, when he saw us turn up on our first night, he pointed to me and made that famous gesture you do with your  tongue bulging your  cheek out and your hand in a fist.

we had a great night  and he insisted in going round every table to tell his story and point me out to everyone regaled by his tale.

So, James, you are a real celebrity there!  ;D

Alfredo

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Tascam DP-24
recorder
Logic Pro
recorder
Adobe Audition
http://soundcloud.com/alfredo-de-pietra 
http://www.flickr.com/photos/26939208@N03/

Migs

Quote from: oldrottenhead on May 02, 2011, 01:21:52 PMmany years ago in corfu when my 15 year old was a baby. and i was learning greek.

Jim, have you and your daughter read Gerry Durrell's "My Family and Other Animals".
One of my favorite books.  I'd love to go to Corfu.
Fender 50s Reissue Tele (Mex) - blonde
Takamine EF-389 12 String Accoustic/Electric
Peavey Bandit 75; VOX AC30
Boss ME 50; Boss Micro BR; Kaossilator !

Oldrottenhead

yes i have but should write about my own experiences in greece but my turkish stories aere better
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Migs

Fender 50s Reissue Tele (Mex) - blonde
Takamine EF-389 12 String Accoustic/Electric
Peavey Bandit 75; VOX AC30
Boss ME 50; Boss Micro BR; Kaossilator !