I guess practically everybody is from England on here?

Started by FuzzFace, November 18, 2008, 03:00:36 PM

AndyR

I had a nice cup of tea to celebrate...

Now, what I want to know, yep we've got St George's day pretty low-key, seems only right, the proper English way... but what's all this will&kate stuff?

The media seems to be flogging it as hard as it can. But, I have not met a single human being, English or otherwise, who cares about it at all. Now, I suspect I might watch the ceremony if I'm not doing anything else. I also suspect that many others claiming indifference will do the same. But every single person I've spoken to has no intention of doing anything other than treating it as a welcome extra bank holiday.

Is any one on here celebrating or acknowledging this event in any way?

Are you buying a mug or tea towel?
Are you getting the Charles and Di tea-set out in honour of the occasion?
Are you organising a street party?
Are you going to a street party?
Do you even know where there might be one of these mythical street parties happening?

And which prince is it that's getting married anyway? Is it the tall one that looks like a softer, cuddly, Charles, or is it the gormless looking one who looks like someone else? And why would Katy Perry want to marry either one of them? The record for actually surviving a marriage to English royalty is not a particularly good one if you're a girlie... (And isn't she married already?)

Anyway, good luck to them both, I do wish them well :) ... I just wish all the people who claim to know something about it/them would get off my bluddy television!!!! :D
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

Oldrottenhead

i'm celebrating the royal wedding by ignoring it completely as i am sure all sensible people who are not invited will.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

FuzzFace

I wish I was marrying Kate.

I always wanted to marry royalty.

AndyR

Quote from: oldrottenhead on April 24, 2011, 04:44:50 AMi'm celebrating the royal wedding by ignoring it completely as i am sure all sensible people who are not invited will.

You old romantic, you :D

I certainly wouldn't rule out watching the ceremony and the walking out of the church, etc, etc... (but having sat through the Charles/Di fairy-tale, and then discovering years later it wasn't quite the love story we were told it was... and having been through a divorce myself, I am somewhat sceptical about how romantic this tale might be!)

Quote from: Zen Master FuzzFace on April 24, 2011, 04:47:48 AMI always wanted to marry royalty.

Same here, Princess Anne was the one I wanted... but she went off and deserted me for that Mark Phillips bloke when I was only 7 years old or so... broke my poor young heart...
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

Ferryman

Quote from: AndyR on April 24, 2011, 05:18:01 AMSame here, Princess Anne was the one I wanted... but she went off and deserted me for that Mark Phillips bloke when I was only 7 years old or so... broke my poor young heart...

Blimey, that's a pretty scary fantasy, even for a 7 year old.........

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

FuzzFace

Quote from: AndyR on April 24, 2011, 05:18:01 AM
Quote from: Zen Master FuzzFace on April 24, 2011, 04:47:48 AMI always wanted to marry royalty.

Same here, Princess Anne was the one I wanted... but she went off and deserted me for that Mark Phillips bloke when I was only 7 years old or so... broke my poor young heart...

Don't get me wrong, she's a good-looking woman, but my interest is primarily to advance my career as a monarch.

Oldrottenhead

princess anne does it for me too, she is not very photogenic but by chance i saw her in glasgow as me and my good lady came out of a tapas bar bellies filled and she was getting out a big bentley and my god she was drop dead gorgeous. photographs don't do the woman justice she is a seriously sexy looking woman.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

AndyR

Turns out I was 10 when she became Mrs Phillips.

But yeah, she's gorgeous, and she was stunningly so when she got married. I can see the "horsey" side that puts others off, but she's my fave princess :)

There's also the fact that she's a princess in her own right - the others are only princesses because they married princes - that makes her special.

I have to say though, if I had a time-machine, and could have my pick of any of them, I'd have gone for her mum - I know Margaret was meant to be the stunner, but Elizabeth was the one for me, almost as good as Audrey in Roman Holiday :D

recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

FuzzFace

Then, of course, there is Sweden's Princess Victoria... my submission to the royal beauty pagent.

Gritter

My favourite princess. She's got integrity; smart, attractive, brave, loyal and not hung up on traditional good looks.