More on copyright and covers and youtube

Started by Migs, January 12, 2011, 04:42:56 PM

Greeny

Quote from: Ferryman on January 13, 2011, 09:34:38 AM
Quote from: Greeny on January 13, 2011, 08:25:51 AMRemarkably, the MBR has done me proud in terms of recording quality. I haven't had one complaint about the quality of my demos - only praise. So that's pretty amazing for something home-recorded on the tiny silver dream machine.

Now that is high praise indeed - I;ve seen them slag off what I thought were pretty good sounding recordings, so well done you. I know we tend to be very kind here, but your stuff does sound really, really good from a production perspective.

You coudl write that commercial blockbuster, you definitely have the songwriting skills. Nothing wrong with that if it gets picked up and makes you a few bob. But it's clear that there are a lot of people on there that spend their lives trying to sound exactly like this artist or that artist and the Taxi folks play them like rubes.

Cheers,

Nigel

I've had 8 out of 10 (for around nine different listings so far...) on recording quality, production and engineering. That's bloody good for a bit of equipment under £150! I was secretly expecting a real hammering for recording quality.

In fact, I've mainly had 8's and 9's on all of their judging criteria. Nothing lower than a 7 so far. But a miss is as good as a mile! They have been supportive in the comments though, albeit directly suggesting that I 'play the game' you were talking about earlier - i.e. go and listen to the artist that they're trawling for so that I can write something that 'fits'. I have to admit that I haven't even heard of most of the artists that they're touting for, let alone know their songs / style. So it looks like I've been sucked into that game, because next time I'll have to do some homework and see what that band / artist do before I spunk another $5 up the wall on a rejection.

Greeny

p.s. Sorry for hijacking your thread, Migs! No offence intended!!!

Migs

Quote from: Greeny on January 13, 2011, 09:59:52 AMp.s. Sorry for hijacking your thread, Migs! No offence intended!!!
That's alright.  I did a pharmacology degree at some stage.  Words like diclofenac sodium turn me on ... although I can't take the stuff myself.  Turns me crazy.
Fender 50s Reissue Tele (Mex) - blonde
Takamine EF-389 12 String Accoustic/Electric
Peavey Bandit 75; VOX AC30
Boss ME 50; Boss Micro BR; Kaossilator !