Misa Digital Kitara ... don't like

Started by Migs, January 10, 2011, 08:50:30 PM

Ferryman

I just ordered a YRG - you GASsed me. I found a slightly used one at a great price with free delivery, couldn't resist!

Despite not being able to load sounds, it looks really good for what I want. I like the fact it's actually a different instrument that you play using the prinicples of guitar, I don't want a MIDI guitar.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Greeny

Quote from: Ferryman on January 13, 2011, 08:15:47 AMI just ordered a YRG - you GASsed me. I found a slightly used one at a great price with free delivery, couldn't resist!

Now that's what I call decisive! Or maybe just impulsive! Lol

Good for you - now you have to promise to record something for us on it....

Ferryman

Quote from: Greeny on January 13, 2011, 10:02:53 AMNow that's what I call decisive! Or maybe just impulsive! Lol

Good for you - now you have to promise to record something for us on it....

It's decisively impulsive. I'm hoping to get to record something for Emufest in Feb (no time for any music right now), this will definitely be used big time. There are some good vids of it but the one that swayed me was this one, which sounds great to me and just uses a combo of the onboard sounds:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xr1AXfG_J8M

And at under £150 delivered, I couldn't say no.....

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Bluesberry

Hey Nigel, I was looking at one of these YRG's today, didn't have a chance to play it.  First impression is that it feels like a toy, all plasticy and colours and kinda flimsy feeling, but that is not where these shine.  It looks like it would be a real blast to play around with.  Way to go Nigel, I can't wait to hear yours in action, I am keeping an eye on the one here in our local shop.  Don't sit on it for gods sake, it would break in half!!!

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Ferryman

Definitely not the most robust thing! I am pretty excited by it. I actually like the fact it's small and can be broken down for storage. But must remember not to sit on it. It will be easy to experiment with new tunings (something I have never done), it will mean I can dump my keyboard and use it to drive the synth module in my Roland PMA5 (which I don't do enough because even the small keyboard I have is a bit big for my small study and I am no keyboard player), and I'll also use it through my EH Microsynth (which also I don't use enough). I don't plan on using it as a regular guitar but I reckon putting the standard sounds through the Microsynth will be fun.

Can't wait - should be here in a few days!

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Bluesberry

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Ferryman

Me too, it arrived today. Don't know if I'll have time to do anything with it this weekend.....

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

64Guitars

Although it's not guitar-like, the Eigenharp looks like a very versatile and high-quality instrument, and a lot of fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9qPf31xYnY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBzVTmaGOl4

http://eigenlabs.com/

The Alpha and Tau are quite expensive (£4080 and £1995 respectively), but the Pico is more reasonable at £459 (about $728 US).

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

SdC

Quote from: 64Guitars on January 16, 2011, 09:37:46 AMbut the Pico is more reasonable at £459 (about $728 US).

Yeah, that's still the same as a Koassilator Pro and Kaos Pad Pro put together....

recorder
Boss BR-600