Now It Is – The Kewl Trio Original

Started by mr2kewl, January 09, 2011, 10:34:33 AM

mr2kewl

Now It Is
Time:
0:00
Volume:
my interests are rooted in Jazz and imho Jazz should be played and improvised in the moment.

not rehearsed to perfection.

no editing out of mistakes.

just play what feels right.

so, i came up with the Mr2Kewl Quartet concept back in '08 whenever i started playing music. the concept is that, all the parts i play are played in the moment and unedited. just hit the record button and live with what comes out of that.

i've wanted to do a trio with a simple piano, bass and basic drum kit for some time now.

so, i did this morning so i could create a Soundclick account, which requires a song to create.

if you're listening to this, thanks.

Soundclick made me change my trio's band name.

something about being redundant?
"Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted" Bill Laswell         "Jazz is not dead, it just smells funny" Frank Zappa

wandering aimlessly around as: Mr2Kewl - The Kewl Trio - Mr2Kewl Quartet and The Total Chaos Orchestra

Geir

almost 6 minutes of cool jazz 8)

I like it !!!!!!!!!!!!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Gu Djin

Wasn't sure about the hiss in this to begin with - in such a quiet piece and one with spaces it seemed a bit distracting  idea!  think of it as waves on a shoreline and sitting at a beachbar with a few late night musicians and it became part of the picture.  Very moody, introspective.

Enjoyed my late night brandy on the shoreline.

Leigh
Guild Starfire 5, Fender Telecaster, Fender Stratocaster, K Yairi and Walden and a 12 Stagg string acoustic guitar and other music making boxes - including mandolin, bouzouki and 5 string banjo, uke and acoustic bass - a few M-Audio keyboards and a flute - all played and treated with equal love and attention - zoom ut 2 pedal and Logic Pro X

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Greeny

Mellow & introspective. Makes me think of looking out across a lake in the early, blue light of morning. It would make a cool soundtrack for some movie titles. Great work. It flowed nicely through the headphones at work.

Redler

I can imagine this awesome song for on an old monochrome movie. A slow act on empty market square... Grey sky and maybe wet streets... You created visions and moods to me! It is very important to me in music!

Thanks for the info of writing concept of your songs, too!

Kari
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

SE

Sat back and just let this excellent music just wash over me, so peaceful, lot of images mainly blues skies,green fields and summer.
recorder
Boss BR-80

mr2kewl

thanks for listening, folks.

it is truly humbling to me that i can evoke emotion with my music.

i did this sorta quickly Sunday morning to get a song together to open the Soundclick account.

rushed it. something i need to stop doing.

thanks for the pointer, Leigh. i suffer from Tinitus and unless i know there's something going on like a hiss, i'll miss it.

long story short, replaced it with a sans the hiss re-mixed version.

8)
"Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted" Bill Laswell         "Jazz is not dead, it just smells funny" Frank Zappa

wandering aimlessly around as: Mr2Kewl - The Kewl Trio - Mr2Kewl Quartet and The Total Chaos Orchestra

Ferryman

That is indeed nice cool jazz that I have had looping while doing some work. You know I'm not a big jazz fan but I really enjoy the way you approach your music and I really enjoy listening to the trio's work. This was no exception, don't care about any rough edges.

I don't hear at all well and also have tinnitus, so didn't notice the hiss!

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

OsCKilO

This really does compliment a peaceful saturday afternoon at home! The Perfect soundtrack!

I love this man!

Utterly Sublime! 

I could play this on loop all day! 
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy