"Hole in the moon" a Geir&Jarle original

Started by Geir, January 08, 2011, 06:55:28 PM

Groundy

Great sound Geir, and Jarle, well played and recorded,Just love it, on my 3rd listen..well done.     Alex

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

Gnasty

Back for a sober listen and sounding even better.

Yup that one part sounds a bit like Man who sold the world but i don`t want to label names off.

It`s Geir & Jarle to me. Excellent!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

stoman

This sounds like it was done in the 60s/70s, the best time for progressive rock/pop. Very creative and another proof of the skills you have.

Both of you.

Regards,
  Steffen

des0free

Quote from: AndyR on January 09, 2011, 02:18:04 AMalso reminded me of early Genesis where they made enormous and truly excellent pieces out of lots of good song ideas that they didn't know how to complete.

Ditto!  Nice job!  Creative stuff.
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Zoom R24
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Nelson

Quote from: Gnasty on January 08, 2011, 10:46:22 PMI don`t find this weird at all. In fact it is just spectacular.

It is very Psychedelic yet it has a certain flow to it. I`m pretty wasted so it`s hard for me to label who it kinda sounds like but it`s just fuckin awesome in every way to me. That percussion with the chorus and that lead guitar is perfect.

Love it! Love It! Love it!!
Brotherly Magnificent!! ;D
Man I agree.
I just love the vibe of the song... so much going on to keep you interested, from the haunting vocals to the percussion and guitar work.
Did I hear an organ?
Just great guys.

Nelson
recorder
Reaper

recorder
Boss BR-600

Redler

Very psychedelic/proggy stuff Geir and Jarle! Weird and good... Those conga drums are outstanding good! Very creative songwriting!!!

Kari
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

AndyR

Quote from: Redler on January 10, 2011, 12:17:52 AMThose conga drums are outstanding good!

+1

I was listening to those too. We nearly got some a month or so back (in fact, I discovered my missus seriously considered them for christmas pressies), but I chickened out.

I've been wondering how to play percussion without sounding like a complete numpty, and I was well impressed with how you guys used them... :)
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

Greeny

This is amazing, Geir. A very ambitious mini rock-opera with all sorts of psychedelic and prog leanings. It's all held together by some serious musical talent. I love everything about it. Man, you are on a roll.

OsCKilO

Loving the changes in this!!!!!

Gets better and better and better all the way through!!!

Does Jarle have a very similar voice to you G?  perfect match!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

SE

Wow, imagination, skill and creativity, class work from you both, excellent!!!
recorder
Boss BR-80