U2 and Me

Started by Ferryman, January 07, 2011, 04:29:07 PM

Greeny

Quote from: 64Guitars on January 18, 2011, 11:41:42 AM
Quote from: Greeny on January 18, 2011, 11:05:48 AMWe were moving in the same circles as a band called The Sensible Jerseys - they actually got signed (by Virgin I think) and looked like they were going to make it big. They made a record but it never got anywhere.

These guys?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uikZ6D7fvH0

http://www.45cat.com/record/vs813

The very same. Damn... I haven't heard this since it came out! Sounds a bit like the Housemartins. I think they got on John Peel - I thought they were gonna be huge at one point.

Greeny

Quote from: Burtog on January 18, 2011, 02:42:09 PM..........er, I supported Teenage Fan Club at the Lead Mill in Sheffield in 2003, does that count?? ???

Er..... YES! To me, that's hitting the big time!

Ferryman

Me too, any support like that is big time! I've supported various bands across the years, we missed several good support slots because of stupid things like our bass player was on a business trip to Japan (Culture Club's first big tour, a support slot in Brighton) and the management company couldn't reach our manager by phone so they booked someone else (Adam & The Ants at the Brighton Centre).

By the way all, we need photos of you all from the era if these stories on the Time Machine thread. Tim, I believe you promised some of yourself looking a bit like David Sylvian.....

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Greeny

Quote from: Ferryman on January 19, 2011, 04:40:41 AMMe too, any support like that is big time! I've supported various bands across the years, we missed several good support slots because of stupid things like our bass player was on a business trip to Japan (Culture Club's first big tour, a support slot in Brighton) and the management company couldn't reach our manager by phone so they booked someone else (Adam & The Ants at the Brighton Centre).

By the way all, we need photos of you all from the era if these stories on the Time Machine thread. Tim, I believe you promised some of yourself looking a bit like David Sylvian.....

Cheers,

Nigel

I have the pic! Just need to scan it!

Burtog

Wierdly we did sod all after that gig.

A friend of the band was a designer and designed the album cover for the TF greatest hits, he played them our demo at the time and they liked it enough and let us have a one off slot supporting them at the Leadmill. We met them in Leeds a few nights earlier and had a couple of guinesses back stage but it wasn't quite as rock 'n' roll as I was thinkin it would be, they were far too civilised. Nice guys tho.
recorder
Boss BR-800

Ted

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

danieldesete

Enjoying this thread. Keep them coming !
The only band I new years ago was called "cunnilingus"... they where not alloyed to play in many places...
hou hou ha ha

FuzzFace

Quote from: danieldesete on January 27, 2011, 03:54:14 PMThe only band I new years ago was called "cunnilingus"...

I think my girlfriend was a fan...

WarpCanada

This is a GREAT story.

Who else has watched "It might get loud" the documentary with The Edge, and Jack White, and Jimmy Freakin Page?

Maybe my favorite Musical documentary now.

It reminds you that Jimmy Page is a lad who was once a little boy who went to an ordinary school in England, and played in a little Skiffle band, and then, and then, and then....

Warren
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Cubase

recorder
Bitwig Studio

British Columbia Canada