The Songcrafters Time Machine - post your old pics of you here.......

Started by Ferryman, January 07, 2011, 04:14:14 PM

Ferryman

Quote from: Wiley on January 07, 2011, 07:49:29 PMI think these are floating around somewhere else on this site.  LOL  early and late 80's  LOL Our all girl band and  The band I was in when we won the country show down and got to go to the S. Dakota state fair and old Rex Allen Jr. was hosting. 

Wonderful PJ, great photos. The second photo down is fantastic, what a great look - like you are all just off to rob a bank!

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Ferryman

Quote from: oldrottenhead on January 08, 2011, 06:17:09 AMcirca 74 my first keyboard

Jim, you also look so cute. Not your typical Glasgow lad..... I love that 70s wallcovering behind you. Nice organ, as they say....

BTW I also liked the Flock of Seagulls a lot and certainly did look a bit like the guitarist (but not the singer!!).

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Ferryman

Paul, you are a brave man, thanks for sharing. Now where shall we start......

Quote from: chapperz66 on January 08, 2011, 07:12:03 AMI have got so many embarrassing photos (some of them relating to music) that it is difficult to choose.  A small selection for you:
The first is me aged about 15 or 16 playing at a working man's club in Edmonton (rock and roll eh?).  My dad lent me the money to buy the tele deluxe.  I worked after school in a butchers to pay him back.

I'm hoping that's the 70s because it is a rather classic look from that time.... We once played a working mens club down south, supposedly where Paul Weller's dad used to make the Jam play to learn their chops (before they were famous of course). They hated us, we had to leg it half way through the set!

Quote from: chapperz66 on January 08, 2011, 07:12:03 AMThe second is recording in Dave Pegg's (Tull/Fairport Convention) studio.  I had to include the one where I'm wearing the Biggles flying jacket for the purposes of ridicule.  The last one is posing with a band called Aardvark & No Money.

Moving to the 80s now I guess..... I'll say nothing about the Biggles jacket as I had one that was quite similar! Must've been fun recording in Pegg's studio, and how did you get Mick Fleetwood to guest on guitar for you in the last photo? any of these connected with the False Prophets?

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

chapperz66

Not brave - I just have no shame.  The "British Legion" would have been about 1974. The suit was a bit of a bastard.  Serious flares.  The drummer wearing the bow tie in the first photo was later in False Prophet.  He was also in the last photo although you can only see his cymbals.  Standing right next to me on the stage in the first 70s photo (out of frame) was someone who later became quite famous.  One Ray Santilli of Alien Autopsy fame.  You know, the guy who apparently convinced a lot of people that he had footage of a short fat alien being cut about.  Now there's a claim to fame - I was in a band with someone played in a film by Ant or Dec!

Paul

chapperz66

I don't have many piccys of the Prophet.  Here's one though - fairly early when we so heavy I didn't use keys and before Nick accepted that he could sing lead vocals.

Ferryman

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Greeny

This is me in 1982. A fifteen year old New Romantic heavily into Japan and Roxy Music  :D

My hair also went through various red / orange tints and a bit of bleaching at the front around this time.

Bluesberry

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

#gpmproject

hey hey:-) I'm little bit younger, than other SONGCRAFTERS  - but for me it's a best time of my life - golden 90's ;D

with bass guitar...sweet eighteen

live from christiania club, unplugged, poprad slovakia 1998, we were new on scene, and I thought, that our concerts will be without visitors, great surprise - sold out, every time when we played there..

in army - 4th from right side, with biggest smile and AK - 47 Kalashnikov  :'( I hate guns... I was in special regiment which was responsible for civil citizens protection (my department - chemical and biological weapons of mass destruction - in war), in peace we were looking for lost people, help with car crush accidents and many more, flooding, fire....at this time I saw more death people than you could imagine. really sad times. every f***ing three months psychological tests..now army is fully professional...

with member of my old band and my best friend not far from our favourite pub, called HALIGANDA in Poprad, Slovakia. Really great place. This pub is still full of musicians, poets, writers, and other artists - and I meet there my fantastic girlfriend 10 years ago...