The Songcrafters Time Machine - post your old pics of you here.......

Started by Ferryman, January 07, 2011, 04:14:14 PM

Ferryman

We've been reminiscing about the 80s after learning of the sad death of Mick Karn from Japan, and those of us that were there were challenged to produce photographic evidence. So there's some from me below. Why don't you add some of your own pics from when you were younger and wearing spandex/leather/cowboy outfits or whatever.....?

So here's some of me from the 1980s. First one is me with my David Sylvian fringe, which in this photo is quite short. It was usually longer and floppier, and sometimes had blonde highlights. This is at the height of the cocktail boom of the early 80s, Kid Creole was probably playing on the record player when this pic was taken.....

The second two are of my band Masque performing in 1983. The colour pic is from the Rock Garden in London, the b&w one is me looking moody somewhere on the South Coast of England......

If only I stilll looked like that today......I would look like an idiot. Now show us yours.....

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Blooby

I include this to show off my inimitable sense of style. I'm the one on the left.

Blooby

lectric

1973...Newport, Maine.  Most heard comment during my set "Turn the amp down". I am the one with bowtie and puffy shirt.

Dance as if no one were watching.
Sing as if no one were listening.
And live every day as if it were your last.
- Irish proverb

SE

Well done the Ferryman, magic pics, sadly all my pics from that time are lost to a different life, but yours bring the eighties back to life, excellent loved it!!
recorder
Boss BR-80

Wiley

I think these are floating around somewhere else on this site.  LOL  early and late 80's  LOL Our all girl band and  The band I was in when we won the country show down and got to go to the S. Dakota state fair and old Rex Allen Jr. was hosting.  

Oldrottenhead

in the black and white one you look like the guitarist from a flock of seagulls
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

chapperz66

I have got so many embarrassing photos (some of them relating to music) that it is difficult to choose.  A small selection for you:
The first is me aged about 15 or 16 playing at a working man's club in Edmonton (rock and roll eh?).  My dad lent me the money to buy the tele deluxe.  I worked after school in a butchers to pay him back.

The second is recording in Dave Pegg's (Tull/Fairport Convention) studio.  I had to include the one where I'm wearing the Biggles flying jacket for the purposes of ridicule.  The last one is posing with a band called Aardvark & No Money.

Ferryman

Quote from: Blooby on January 07, 2011, 05:57:43 PMI include this to show off my inimitable sense of style. I'm the one on the left.

Blooby

Awww cute, and great taste in shirts that obviously stayed with you for a long time....

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Ferryman

Quote from: lectric on January 07, 2011, 06:59:32 PM1973...Newport, Maine.  Most heard comment during my set "Turn the amp down". I am the one with bowtie and puffy shirt.

Brilliant! I love the sound of the "Viking Lounge". Great photo that takes me right back to those days.....

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR