Sets Me Free

Started by Nelson, January 04, 2011, 11:32:39 PM

Bluesberry

Well, this is quite the ride isn't it.  Fantastic song that resonates with me big time.  very interesting.  The fancy words have all been used up, all I got left is the smile on my face, the tapping in my toes and the deep admiration/respect for what you have crafted here.  Monster song man, monster.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Greeny

Geir

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Bluesberry

and I ditto the ditto (if that is allowed in such polite company).

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Geir

Quote from: Bluesberry on January 05, 2011, 02:58:36 PMand I ditto the ditto (if that is allowed in such polite company).
'tis
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

OsCKilO

The reverb nation player repeated the song 4 times before I realised it was looping over. ... But i didn't notice as the song is so enjoyable to listen to!

Superb song!!  And that intro is killer!!!! The moment I heard it, I was there to stay.

What was the "down on my knees" song in the intro?
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Nelson

Quote from: OsCKilO on January 05, 2011, 03:18:34 PMThe reverb nation player repeated the song 4 times before I realised it was looping over. ... But i didn't notice as the song is so enjoyable to listen to!

Superb song!!  And that intro is killer!!!! The moment I heard it, I was there to stay.

What was the "down on my knees" song in the intro?
Thanks T.
The "Down on my Knees' is from my song "Blue Sky".
The "Your strength is gone and you can't hold on" is from my song. "It's Gonna be alright".

You were the first to ask.
I came up with the idea, while thinking of different ways to present the album, when it's done.
I'm afraid, just a list of tracks on a Cd won't be enough for me this time. I'm thinking of weaving skits and short stories through out the album, to may tie it all together. I'm not sure but it's got my creative juices flowing, for the moment.

Gritter and Cuthbert
I most admit something about that damn Rock and Roll organ just knocks my sock off. I'll always find away to use it. If you want to hear some good stuff, check Grace Potter and nocturnals.  she is killer on that organ.

Greeny, Nigel, Geir, and Tommy
Thanks guys, I was trying to create a fun and exciting song and your comments are very helpful.
I really had a ball with this one and I even managed not to start changing things after my 50th listen.
Like that simple snare in the verses... even though I did add a little keys just under the verses.
Over all I stuck to my original vision.

TonyW as usual you broke it all down to the T. Reading your comments let me know that nothing was wasted.
You got every little thing that I was trying to put into the song and that is very rewarding.
Thanks for taking the time, brother.

Guys I'm sorry I haven't been commenting much lately... been so busy.
But I'll continue to stop by, when I can.

Nelson

recorder
Reaper

recorder
Boss BR-600

Oldrottenhead

i thought i had commented on this. magic.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

stoman

I finally found a way to listen to reverbnation links. Not from my primary PC though, so it's a bit tedious ... but I must say, it was worth the effort. This sounds absolutely pro to my old ears.

Great work, Nelson - the same high level of talent that I remember from the other songs of yours I've listened to.

Regards,
  Steffen

mr2kewl

imho - don't become satisfied if this is the result.

8)
"Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted" Bill Laswell         "Jazz is not dead, it just smells funny" Frank Zappa

wandering aimlessly around as: Mr2Kewl - The Kewl Trio - Mr2Kewl Quartet and The Total Chaos Orchestra