recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Greeny

What a f*cking legend. 'Right Down the Line' is one of my all-time faves. Sad, sad news. And combined with Mick Karn's demise, it's a bad day for music.

hooper

I see on the CNN obit:

'He recorded the 1978 album "City to City" in his wife's parents' house using a four-track machine, playing every instrument himself'

This is the LP that featured Bakers Street... a real favorite. Really impressive.
recorder
Tascam DP-24
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Boss Micro BR
'If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?' - TSE

cuthbert

I remember hearing 'Baker Street' on the FM band a lot back in the day, and yet unlike other songs that got perhaps too much play at the time, I never tired of hearing that song. I especially liked the contrast between the saxophone and electric guitars, and Gerry Rafferty's cool, cool vox.

I also enjoyed 'Right Down The Line' and 'Stuck In The Middle With You' - they all seemed to be getting a lot of air play around the same time as 'Baker Street'.

Sad news, indeed...
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Oldrottenhead

bugger.

followed him since the humblebums , recently heard billy connolly mention in an interview that gerry was very ill. sad.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Oldrottenhead

dug out his last cd life goes on, and there is a song on it called the maid of coolmore, tried to youtube it,but no versions by gerry, tho i think its a traditional song. but as i listen, i can imagine andyr doing this, if you are reading this andy seek it out seek it out.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

s.w.goatlips

I am very saddened by this news. When I was about 15-16 every party I went to had three recoeds on high rotation : Fleetwood Mac's "Rumours", Meatloaf's "Bat out of Hell", and Gerry Rafferty with "City to City", and like Cuthbert, even today I still get a kick out of hearing Baker Street. It was just about an anthem at the time. Vale Gerry.
Frustration is my middle name.