Satchwood's "Immortal Night" (back to the guitar instros)

Started by Satchwood, January 03, 2011, 02:56:53 PM

Satchwood

ERROR: No MP3 file found.

All topics in the Post Your Work boards must have either an mp3 file attached or include a link to an external mp3 file ([singlemp3] tags) in the message body.

"Immortal Night"
Music: Tommy Satchwood c2010  (part of the Realm of Dreams collection)
Kramer Strat on all guitar/harmony parts,
Ibanez bass, and Riffworks percussion

[reverbnation]6617567[/reverbnation]
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

OsCKilO

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

OsCKilO

I looked at the title and just drifted off with this one!

I see a fight scene in a movie or Manga film!

SUPERB!!!!!!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Greeny

Incredible! I love the fusion of classical and slightly eastern-sounding scales. This is a monster, Tommy. Another mind-blowing masterclass in guitar virtuosity and composition. I'm onto my second listen, and trying to work out what you're doing is making my brain hurt, lol.

Geir

Oh I hear where you come from with this one Tommy, I come from the same place ;) only difference is that you can play it the way it should !!!

But still this is uniquely Satchwoodian !! A VERY fine composition and executed brilliantly !!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Bluesberry

Deadly stuff, so very melodic, lyrical.  It is like voices.  Composed like a classical peice.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Satchwood

Thank you for listening and commenting on my instrumental my songcrafter friends!!

Hey Greeny and anybody else that's wondering what i'm doing on this tune. I'm primarily using the A harmonic minor scale, and where the drums stop (for example), i simply play an E major chord and then play the A harmonic minor scale over the top,,, try it, you might like it! 

The A harmonic minor scale is close to the E major scale and so it works real well over the E major chord.  (E is the 5th in the A scale).   And by the same token, you could play a D harmonic minor scale over an A major chord and so on...   

Check this page out for a better explanation or if your having problems falling asleep tonight..

http://www.fretjam.com/harmonic-minor-phrygian.html

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

Ferryman

Loving this Tommy, I think Geir is seeing hints of Grieg in this, there's a definite classical edge to this. That change to E is hugely effective, great composition there. Nice use of shredding - it becomes a kind of texture to the piece rather than an end in itself. And it all sounds great as well, nice production.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Satchwood

Yes, now that you mention it Nigel, i can see some hints of Grieg in here too!  Of course some of my Yngwie inspirations are here too lol

Thanks all for listening and commenting !!

Quote from: Bluesberry on January 04, 2011, 07:38:36 AMlyrical. It is like voices.

lol BB, i sometimes think my guitar is haunted, because i hear voices in my recordings sometimes too!

Tangled Wires

Love it Tommy, that riff driving this tune along is pure gold.
Your vision, creativity and above all else your playing ability all shine through here.
Rock fusioned with classical is always a winner in my book.

recorder
Boss Micro BR