Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

64Guitars

Cool song, Sandy. But it's not what I'd consider electronic music. Bass guitar, Rhodes piano, and grand piano all produce sound mechanically. The idea of emuFest is for everything except vocals and drums to be produced completely electronically via oscillators or the digital simulation of oscillators. So synthesisers and computers can be used. But instruments that create their initial sound mechanically then merely convert that sound to an electronic signal should not be used for emuFest.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

dasilvasings

Shyte! That puts mellotrons out of the fest! Now we have to make an M&E fest (sounds terrible!).
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Gritter

Quote from: 64Guitars on January 12, 2011, 02:23:51 PMCool song, Sandy. But it's not what I'd consider electronic music. Bass guitar, Rhodes piano, and grand piano all produce sound mechanically. The idea of emuFest is for everything except vocals and drums to be produced completely electronically via oscillators or the digital simulation of oscillators. So synthesisers and computers can be used. But instruments that create their initial sound mechanically then merely convert that sound to an electronic signal should not be used for emuFest.

That sucks. I thought it was just no guitars.

So this is not electronic?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3-vsKwQ0Cg

cuthbert

Hey that is very cool, Sandy!

I hadn't heard of Norman McLaren before - looks like in addition to animation, he was also an experimental music pioneer.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Gritter

Canadian animation pioneer thanks in part to our National Film Board - NFB.

64Guitars

Here's how WikiPedia defines Electronic Music:

Electronic music is music that employs electronic musical instruments and electronic music technology in its production. In general a distinction can be made between sound produced using electromechanical means and that produced using electronic technology. Examples of electromechanical sound producing devices include the telharmonium, Hammond organ, and the electric guitar. Purely electronic sound production can be achieved using devices such as the Theremin, sound synthesizer, and computer.

There'd be no point having an electronic music festival if songs could include any instrument except guitar. That would be an anything-except-guitar festival. A song consisting of accordian, tuba, and vocals would be just fine in an anything-except-guitar festival, but it would make no sense in an electronic music festival.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website