"You Don't Know What You're Talking About" -- original by Ted

Started by Ted, January 02, 2011, 11:23:55 PM

Ted

It's cold and lonely on page two, so...

Thanks everybody!

It's kind of funny that this song had very few tracks (6), even though I had more tracks available to me on the BR 600.  I think I prefer the Micro BR to the BR 600.

Quote from: Ferryman on January 03, 2011, 10:20:32 AMGreat stuff Ted, hugely infectious piano and guitar riffs that play so well off each other. Love the bass as well and the whole thing is quirky, catchy and really inventive.

I'm kind of glad I never got around to recording it until now. My original bass ideas were very very busy, and I was rather attached to them.  Dave suggested a slow descending bass part, and that tweaked the character of the entire song (for the better, I think).

Quote from: cuthbert on January 03, 2011, 10:26:27 AMHuge production, and a story with universal appeal...

You mean I'm not the only one whose life has been peppered with encounters with bullshit artists?

Quote from: Redler on January 03, 2011, 10:30:07 AMAwesome song! I listened this first time in the morning. This second listening 'opened' it more to me!

It's kind of growing on me too.

I hope to get Dave on some more songs here.  Can we start a chant?

Dave... Dave... Dave... Dave... Dave... Dave... Dave...
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

lg

Well, I DO know what I'm talking about...When I say that
this is another great song Ted!
Piepod

LG
nothing is real... So theres nothing to get hung about!

Bluesberry

Dave... Dave... Dave... Dave... Dave... Dave... Dave...Dave... Dave... Dave... Dave... Dave... Dave... Dave...Dave... Dave... Dave... Dave... Dave... Dave... Dave...Dave... Dave... Dave... Dave... Dave... Dave... Dave...Dave... Dave... Dave... Dave... Dave... Dave... Dave...Dave... Dave... Dave... Dave... Dave... Dave... Dave...Dave... Dave... Dave... Dave... Dave... Dave... Dave...Dave... Dave... Dave... Dave... Dave... Dave... Dave...

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Geir

Dave... Dave... Dave... Dave... Dave... Dave... Dave....Dave... Dave... Dave... Dave... Dave... Dave... Dave...Dave... Dave... Dave... Dave... Dave... Dave... Dave....Dave... Dave... Dave... Dave... Dave... Dave... Dave...Dave... Dave... Dave... Dave... Dave... Dave... Dave....Dave... Dave... Dave... Dave... Dave... Dave... Dave...Dave... Dave... Dave... Dave... Dave... Dave... Dave... Dave... Dave... Dave... Dave...Dave... Dave... Dave... Dave... Dave... Dave... Dave....Dave... Dave... Dave... Dave... Dave... Dave... Dave...Dave... Dave... Dave... Dave... Dave... Dave... Dave....Dave... Dave... Dave... Dave... Dave... Dave... Dave...Dave... Dave... Dave... Dave... Dave... Dave... Dave....Dave... Dave... Dave... Dave... Dave... Dave... Dave...Dave... Dave... Dave... Dave... Dave... Dave... Dave... Dave... Dave... Dave... Dave...
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Greeny

Mighty fine. Highly accomplished musically, with great depth and originality on the lyric. Kind of quirky but totally cool. It makes you want to press the play button again as soon as it finishes. So that's what I'm doing now... !

Greeny

Yep... still fab on play 2 and getting fabber. The piano hook is really dragging me in.

Gnasty

Cool catchy tune Ted. It`s definitely something i just had to keep listening to over and over.

The intro with the piano driving into the bass and guitars is perfect. That`s what i`m talking about.

Where you get the idea for the lyrics. Those 10 year Canadian kids can be bullies eh? :D
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

OsCKilO

This is a Super cool vibe here Ted bro!

I'm in love with the part that starts "You may have the gift of gab....." 

SWeeet vibe going on there!

This tune is a keeper!!!

Downloaded!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Tangled Wires

This song excels in so many ways, and is full of catchy hooks that just draw you in.

Glad you got this one recorded, its a gem.

recorder
Boss Micro BR