Outside - AndyR & oldrottenhead Original

Started by AndyR, December 30, 2010, 03:26:42 PM

AndyR

Yesterday I was quietly working on a brand new song for my lovely wife, a pleasant little lullaby.

And then suddenly a late and unexpected Chrimbo pressie arrived from Mr orh. :)

I understand that in a moment of yuletide merriment (and with a house full of guests) he'd jumped on my very first post Muletide, an instrumental, and retired to a suitable room to add a vocal about stalking some poor young innocent. :D

It was obviously the right thing to do... so I got him to send me a clean vocal to marry it to the band.

Today, I put the lullaby on hold, imported the vocal and the original band mix into the BR1600. I added a "few" backing vocals, and mixed the thing down...

Here she be... I'm quite pleased with it, so is Mrs R... in fact, we're thinking Mr orh might have found a new direction and perhaps we could record him some backing tracks for "Run to you", "Summer of 69", and "One Night Love Affair" ;D (I'm afraid we must draw the line at "Everything I do ... I do for you", though :D)

Outside
Words & Music AndyR & oldrottenhead
Recorded on two MBRs and a BR1600
Lead Vocal - oldrottenhead
Band and Choir - AndyR
Copyright (c) 2010 A A J Russe & J Higgins

Time:
0:00
Volume:

recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

Oldrottenhead

merry crimbo andy and mrs r. you are a bloody magician to make my raw  vox sound so good.

right get to that lullaby for your lovely wife
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Gritter

It sure sounds like Bryan Adams...geez. Good playing and productions. This is some lush Rock 'n Roll. Tight like a tiger.

SE

Quality tune and pro sounding too, Andy R AND ORH , top collab downloading for further consumption, excellent, excellent.
recorder
Boss BR-80

Geir

Quote from: side effect on December 30, 2010, 03:58:24 PMQuality tune and pro sounding too, Andy R AND ORH ,
.. or should that be "Darn Horny Ad" ... or maybe "Darn Randy Ho" :D ......

I still remember being impressed by this when first posted and now with James' vox it's a HIT !!! And those "few" backing vox sure didn't hurt ;D
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Tony W

You know I love a good stalker tune when I hear one.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

OsCKilO

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

hooper

Love the rocking guitars and the over-all quality of the production.  Amazing to realize the lead vocal recorded on the M-BR built in mic.  Great job Jim and Andy!

recorder
Tascam DP-24
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Boss Micro BR
'If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?' - TSE

Oldrottenhead

hey hoop working with andy reminds me of working with you, you are both so similar in your engineering approaches and attention to detail, maybe one day it will help me tone down my slapdash approach.

now i dream of hearing a collaboration by the two of you, that would be something, would probably be a year in the making tho lol.

i am not worthy.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Ferryman

Great surprise Xmas present! This sounds fabulous, as always I love the production and Andy you did a great job blending Jim's vox so well into an existing track. Love those guitars and the tight, punchy sound. The backing vox are a very nice touch. One minor criticism -it's too short! With the vox addition, it's crying out for a nice solo somewhere.

Jim does quite a nice line in stalker-type lyrics - this could be the sequel or prequel:

https://songcrafters.org/community/index.php?topic=1971.0

Fabulous work guys, would love to hear some more.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR