'Aint That a Kick in the Head (big band swing on the BR!!!!)

Started by Greeny, November 15, 2008, 01:52:10 PM

Greeny

ERROR: No MP3 file found.

All topics in the Post Your Work boards must have either an mp3 file attached or include a link to an external mp3 file ([singlemp3] tags) in the message body.

Forgive me this one. Maybe i'm just a frustrated club / cabaret singer on the quiet, but I had a real laugh recording this last night  :D

It's just me, the BR, and an mp3 backing track. i.e. Sad old geezer Karaoke!!!!

I do like this kind of music sometimes though, and it's worryingly fun to do. Don't worry - I haven't gone completely mental. This is just a little distraction from my usual stuff  :)

Flash Harry

We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

tafka

and if the sun should fail to rise against my
shoulders one last time...

Prive

AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't believe it man!!!!! Your voice reminds me Brian Setzer!!!! that's a good thing to me, i like it a lot!!!!!!

We have to do some rockabilly stuff!!!!!
Music, music and three times music!!!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR

ronhh

PERFECT!  Man I love this music.  You, Deano, Sammy D, and Ole' Blue Eyes ought to go on the road together!  I know how to import an MP3 track onto the MBR; how can I then save it as a track to record over? 

This is on my iPod as of now.  You have your own music folder on my player.  You've arrived....
"Honest honey, this is the last guitar I'll ever buy"

Bluesberry

Your voice sounds really good with this one.  It is a hard thing to sing this type of music and not make it cheesy.  Really well done. You should really do more of this kind of thing (even if it was only for a joke, it was excellent).

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Greeny

Thanks for all the lovely comments guys! Going to bed now very happy   :)

Shame I can't drink like Dean Martin anymore!!!!  :D

Flash Harry

One consolation is that Dean Martin can't drink like Dean Martin any more.

Neither can Frank.

Or Sammy

We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

ronhh

Yeah, but a year lived in those guy's lives would equal about 30 years in mine. 

*Someone please tell me how I can import an MP3 file, then record along with it.
"Honest honey, this is the last guitar I'll ever buy"

Greeny

Quote from: ronhh on November 15, 2008, 07:26:40 PM*Someone please tell me how I can import an MP3 file, then record along with it.

I got the instructions for doing this from this forum - and I know there's a link somewhere on one of the threads, but I can't find it! I'm pretty sure one of the other guys will find the tutorial for this, but if not, it's on my work computer and i'll post it on Monday.

It's easy when you know how, but you need to know the right sequence of steps - and it's not something you could work out by trial and error.

Ill also post the link to the site where I got the backing track for this song - they seem to be very high quality (you should have head some of the skanky versions of this available elsewhere...!).