Foundation For A New Element - mr2kewl Original

Started by mr2kewl, December 22, 2010, 08:51:55 PM

mr2kewl

thanks for taking the time to listen.

this was just two voices improv'd in two tracks.

you would be correct Jim. this is done with the soft synth program, M1 Le that came with the keyboard.

http://www.korg.com/microkey

$99 USD for this little wonder that blows my yammer jammer away.

i've asked for a Korg nanoKONTROL so i can tweak on the fly.

we'll see what shows up under the tree tonight.

Happy Holidays everyone!!!

8)
"Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted" Bill Laswell         "Jazz is not dead, it just smells funny" Frank Zappa

wandering aimlessly around as: Mr2Kewl - The Kewl Trio - Mr2Kewl Quartet and The Total Chaos Orchestra

chip withrow

Listened to this (twice) as I took down the Christmas tree, which is always a bittersweet time for me. This stirred so many emotions and moods - the undercurrent of what sounds like a cello or viola has a sort of horror/mystery feel to it (for example at about 1:30), while the bells have a wintry-night effect that is in fact soothing despite the minor key. There's some tension-and-release, or maybe better to call it relaxation-tension-back to relaxation and so on ...
So this fits well what is going on at my house now - sun is streaming through the windows, yet I'm feeling wistful about a holiday gone by. And now, here comes your jazzy Christmas song on the jukebox! My wife banned Christmas music effective Dec 26th, but she's not here now so I'm going to enjoy this ...