"Cosmic Personality" a FuzzFace original

Started by FuzzFace, December 22, 2010, 01:41:52 PM

FuzzFace

Cosmic Personality
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Hope you all like my latest song.
Thinking of ways to round it out as it's only bass and drums so far.

Cosmic Personality

You and I set the night on fire
riding the lightning bullet-train high-wire
we have only one life
we have only one mind
that's not us
that's not our kind

Our love is the one great war to end all wars
The Big Bang's long-lost babies have grown
and we've come back for more
Eyes and arms are open wide
I'm blinded by your space and time
No my dear, I'm not crazy
I'm blessed with a cosmic personality

Drowning in my aura
swung on a nail in the hinge of a door
spice of life makes the world go 'round
I'm a manic king and a Sun God clown

My wild card, I'm a wild fire
our crystal eyes magnetize our desire
we paint the world with what we inspire
when our hyperactive state-of-minds conspire

Our love is the one great war to end all wars
The Big Bang's long-lost babies have grown
and we've come back for more
Eyes and arms are open wide
I'm blinded by your space and time
No my dear, we're not crazy
We're blessed with cosmic personalities

Our deepest fears spawn our fantasies
our skeletons live inside our bodies
we dare ourselves to open the box
show and tell and make the whole world rock

I am a puppy, you are a kitten
together we fulfill every word that's been written
I'm every man in history
You're every woman and you belong to me.

cuthbert

Visceral!!  8)

Dude, you are on fire these days! (of course, I move at glacial speed...)

There's no electric guitar here? I thought that bit at 9 sec. (and repeated later) was?  ???
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Bluesberry

Now we are getting somewhere aren't we.  This is fantastic Fuzz.  Lyrics are as good as they come.  You know what i hear here, a synth line running through this, old-school synth.  You have a real good song here.  A little bit of classic Joy Division vibe for sure.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

FuzzFace

Quote from: cuthbert on December 22, 2010, 02:05:57 PM(of course, I move at glacial speed...)?

This kind of just came out of nowhere, but I do think this song could be propelled into another dimension with some of your instrumentation specialization.  

Quote from: cuthbert on December 22, 2010, 02:05:57 PMThere's no electric guitar here? I thought that bit at 9 sec. (and repeated later) was?  ???

It's slide bass on the G-string (originally a place-holder for your baby sitar).  "As is" there are 3 bass tracks, one clean (far right), one cruchy (far left), and one lead (slightly right).

Glad you like it.

FuzzFace

Quote from: Bluesberry on December 22, 2010, 02:55:15 PMLyrics are as good as they come.

I feel under pressure after the Picasso project.  But hey, whatever it takes.

Wasn't sure how to pluralize state-of-mind.  Is it "states-of-mind" or "state-of-minds"?

Quote from: Bluesberry on December 22, 2010, 02:55:15 PMYou know what i hear here, a synth line running through this, old-school synth.  

cuthbert and I may cook something up here.

Kenneth

addictive music, love the lyrics, the style.
I feel swept up in it.
"...a guitar sound that you could curdle cream with." Ferryman

Redler

This reminds a bit early new wave music from the early 80's. That bass guitar is very 'effective' and sounds great with vocals!!

Kari
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

I didn't realise that you could get such a full sound with the barest minimum of instruments. Great lyrics, they could stand alone as a very fine piece of poetry. Top notch..............Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800

FuzzFace

Quote from: Willie Wendon on December 23, 2010, 07:44:07 AMI didn't realise that you could get such a full sound with the barest minimum of instruments. Great lyrics, they could stand alone as a very fine piece of poetry. Top notch..............Willie

Thanks!

Regarding the use of only bass and drums, there was a Canadian band that used this format (Death from Above 1979).  Once I tried it myself I liked it a lot... I feel like without guitar, my voice does not have to compete with the music.

Ferryman

I love the triple bass sound and drums, the crunch bass is a great touch. You are getting a fantastic sound on the bass these days  as well, that makes a huge difference. And it's a great song, with some superb lyrics. There's a strong New Order feel because of the dominant bass but your vocals make it very much your own. And your vox are sounding really good - they are perfect for this style of music. very well done indeed.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR