Picasso Project - Blind Minotaur (Led By A Girl)

Started by Ferryman, December 22, 2010, 01:41:52 PM

SwanSong

This is a very smooth song. and cool. loved the lyrics.
and your vocals. were great  .loved the instrumentation.
and effects.great original peice , it would have great
possibilites.2 b used for a tv show or movie backdrop
great job  happy new year NEIL

Tangled Wires

Some serious vision and creativity here Nigel, the song has a real air of menace to it.

I love songs which have different parts weaved together, and you have certainly blended these together perfectly, and it rises and falls majestically throughout.

We may wait a while in between your musical posts, but as is proven here, they are always worth it.

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Gritter

This is sounding better with each listen. Love the vocals...hearing Jah Wabble again = so cool! The drums are expertly done...a little bit Stewarty Copelandish and elements of Andy Summers on guitar. Your influences show in a unique way and add up to that exceptionally fresh Ferryman sound.

j.g.

You have certainly created something special with this song. That Br800 is giving you even more to work with.
All your productions are top knotch and this is no exception. You are a terrific guitarist, and your vocals still remind me at times of Dave Rigo who I played guitar with a few years ago. (I think he has got some songs on Myspace).
Wonderful song weaving its way through some amazing lyrics.  Great one, Nigel.
Geoff

tom r

had another listen to this its just great. Complex but still grabs you and takes the listener on a real journey. Great stuff Nigel

T
Tom Reeves
Lobelia Sound

Ferryman

Geir, Rob, Henwrench, Dave (again  :)), Tony, Neil, Tom, thanks so much for the positive comments, I'm really glad you liked this and that it fits OK with the rest of the album.

@ ORH - "babybird" - Thanks Jim, I should say "you're gorgeous". Nice compliment, I can see where you're coming from with that and I'm very happy to be comapred with them.

@ jg - I checked out Dave Rigo, nice compliment there Geoff, thanks. I can see where you are coming from as well - he's got a great raspy edge to his voice which is what I try to get.

@ Gritter - nice comparisons also. Can't get those 80s influences out opf my blood. Always more than happy to be compared with the wonderful Mr Wobble.

@AndrewH - I do indeed take a long time over anything, I am a bit OCD when it comes to music. It was worse than usual on this one because I was learning the BR800, and getting the drums set up and programmed took a long time!

Cheers all, and a Happy New Year!

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

djbride

Outstanding composition Nigel.
I love how the bass drives the song forward, I like the lack of drums in places
because the bass really takes over the rhthym.
Superb production.
Sounds a lot like early Genesis/King Crimson to me.
Nice work.

Dave
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_music.cfm?bandID=1049425

"Rock is dead they say, Long Live Rock, be it dead or alive"    P. Townsend

stoman

Very progressive, Nigel! And progressive means good! Where have all the progressive rock bands gone?

Great job!

Regards,
  Steffen

Ferryman

Thanks Dave and Steffen, glad you saw the prog leanings. I definitely went for the prog approach here because the lyrics were more like a poem than a traditional "song".

Where have the prog bands gone? Well, sounds like Donna's got a pretty good one together - I just listened to her amazing "Green Leaf" track. Porcupine Tree would be a good example of modern prog but I found a couple of Polish prog bands that I really like, Riverside and I.N.D.U.K.T.I. - check the latter out here (second post down):

https://songcrafters.org/community/index.php?topic=149.1050

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

chip withrow

As a newcomer, I have no idea what the Picasso Project is/was. But I don't need to, I guess, to appreciate how wonderful this is. I like the juxtaposition between the sparser, groove-intensive parts and the big anthemic guitar-drenched sections (that remind me of Rush a bit). On my second listen now.