Retrospecto (a bit of a rocker!)

Started by tom r, December 20, 2010, 03:27:14 PM

tom r

cheers BB i'm a big fan of Radiohead esp ok computer. I was really pleased with this one too :-)
yep the tele keeps pumpin the tunes out. i just plug it in and let it do its thing....
I'm not a lead guitarist so i know technically the lead break aint great But even i was really happy with my playing on this one.
Any way thanks again to all the guys on the forum its been a real boost to the confidence posting songs on here this year

Cheers

Tom
Tom Reeves
Lobelia Sound

OsCKilO

I must say Tom....I'm a fan!

You Northaners really do know how to put a Good tune together!

This is a superb Song!

The drums sound great by the way!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

tom r

Cheers Tharek. needless to say i'm rather a fan of your music too :-)
Re the drums still trying to get better at programmin the damn things!!
i'll get there in the end. i hope

Cheers
T
Tom Reeves
Lobelia Sound

Greeny

Wow! I love the heaviness that kicks in then fades out again. This is a top tune and a great composition. I can hear traces of Radiohead, but there's something in the vocal that makes me think more of Ian McCulloch. Anyway, whatever it is, I like it!

mr2kewl

excellent tune, tom!!!

it has a live feel to it which is something that intrigues me.

well done!!

8)
"Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted" Bill Laswell         "Jazz is not dead, it just smells funny" Frank Zappa

wandering aimlessly around as: Mr2Kewl - The Kewl Trio - Mr2Kewl Quartet and The Total Chaos Orchestra

Kenneth

Real nice Tom, love the distortion guitar.
Your vox is real good, I really like it. You have a good tone, and think you could probably sing most anything.
Cool!
"...a guitar sound that you could curdle cream with." Ferryman

tom r

Thanks guys. Ian Mculloch I can live with that Greeny. The live feel is probably down to my lack of skill when it comes to production! Got to say I always tend to rush the technical side and don't go in for many regales if at all possible.

Tom
Tom Reeves
Lobelia Sound

tom r

That should read re takes not regales what is a regale?

Tom
Tom Reeves
Lobelia Sound

chip withrow

Even though the song gets heavier, I think this could be done acoustically at an open mic, too. Your voice would be front and center, as it deserves to be.
The backing vocals are excellent here. So is the crunchy guitar - I particularly started to notice at about 1:30 into the song. Rippin' solo, too.

AndyR

Oh yeah :)

Sorry I missed this earlier. After finding your acoustic "My Word", and in the middle of working on something else, I spotted this.

I'm on my second listen now. I love the way you've put this together. The chords, the melody, the way it builds. I like how you're thinking with the drums too. And yeah, ripping solo 8).

And now I remember - you're the guy that got a Baja recently. Glad it's working out :). Thinking of getting mine out again soon, it's about time I recorded some electric stuff again :D.

I'll check out some of your other stuff.
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1