Merry Christmas - The psychedelic secrets of Santa Claus - interesting article

Started by Bluesberry, December 19, 2010, 09:59:59 AM

henwrench

Quote from: Gnasty on December 19, 2010, 02:15:56 PMWhere is this article from BB? Never heard this story before.

Is this true? With a hundred different religions and cults , I don`t know what to believe anymore  :-\

Any good pagan will be able to tell you all about this, Gnasty. Just look up the true 'Yule'.

henwitch
The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Ferryman

Quote from: Bluesberry on December 19, 2010, 02:48:00 PMIts from a mag called Cannabis Culture.  I went googling for something related to Christmas traditions and I found the article. 

You mean you were going through your stash.......of back issues of "Cannabis Culture"!

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Bluesberry

Quote from: Ferryman on December 21, 2010, 11:07:09 AM
Quote from: Bluesberry on December 19, 2010, 02:48:00 PMIts from a mag called Cannabis Culture.  I went googling for something related to Christmas traditions and I found the article. 

You mean you were going through your stash.......of back issues of "Cannabis Culture"!
Hahaha, caught me red handed...

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Gnasty

For years i`ve been peer pressured into this lifestyle (yes that means everyone elses fault but mine) yet i have never heard of this.

Doesn`t sound to bad at all...Merry Cannibas to you all!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

Geir

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Bluesberry

QuoteThe real meaning of Christmas, getting drunk and stoned with your family and friends.

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Bluesberry

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Greeny

Raise a glass to the Lord of Misrule!

As Wiki says....

In Britain, the Lord of Misrule — known in Scotland as the Abbot of Unreason and in France as the Prince des Sots — was an officer appointed by lot at Christmas to preside over the Feast of Fools. The Lord of Misrule was generally a peasant or sub-deacon appointed to be in charge of Christmas revelries, which often included drunkenness and wild partying, in the pagan tradition of Saturnalia. The Church held a similar festival involving a Boy Bishop. The celebration of the Feast of Fools was outlawed by the Council of Basel that sat from 1431, but it survived to be put down again by the Catholic Queen Mary I in England in 1555.

While mostly known as a British holiday custom, the appointment of a Lord of Misrule comes from antiquity. In ancient Rome, from the 17th to the 23rd of December, a Lord of Misrule was appointed for the feast of Saturnalia, in the guise of the good god Saturn. During this time the ordinary rules of life were turned topsy-turvy as masters served their slaves, and the offices of state were held by slaves. The Lord of Misrule presided over all of this, and had the power to command anyone to do anything during the holiday period. This holiday seems to be the precursor to the more modern holiday, and it carried over into the Christian era.

Greeny

p.s. 'The Lord of Misrule' was also the title of my last album. I might post the title track on here at some point  :)

Satchwood

Interesting read BB !!   Happy New Mushrooms to you all !! 

Might have to dedicate a song this year to some merry Shamans!
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)