When You're Driving

Started by The Gobi Desert Canoe Club, December 18, 2010, 01:41:47 PM

When you're driving 1
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Hi all, got a bit snowed in today so spent a while putting this together. Must admit I got the idea from Chris Rea's driving home for christmas but I don't think they're too similar in any other respect. Hope you enjoy. Regards...........Willie

Words

1.The days are hard and the nights are long
  When you're driving
  And all you got is a country song
  When you're driving
  One last load will get me home
  And I'm trying

2.Late night news gonna give you the blues
  When you're driving
  A crash on 69 is gonna cost you time
  When you're driving
  One last load will get me home
  And I'm trying

Chorus

Days and nights run into one
  Aint no sleep when you're hauling
  Weeks and months just seem to come
  I can hear my hometown calling

Verse 1.

Chorus

Inst

Verse. 2

Inst out

recorder
Boss BR-800

Covermark

Hi Willie,

This is a good song. Was fun to listen to. It's well made. By the way : very good lead guitar !

mr2kewl

"Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted" Bill Laswell         "Jazz is not dead, it just smells funny" Frank Zappa

wandering aimlessly around as: Mr2Kewl - The Kewl Trio - Mr2Kewl Quartet and The Total Chaos Orchestra

Groundy

Nice song Willie, great vox as usual well done ...Alex

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

Gu Djin

Love some of Chris Rea's work.  This certainly has a similar feel - mostly to do with the rhythm and bass I reckon.  But this isn't a copy of anything I've heard him do.  Very well produced.  I like it.  Sterling lead.

Leigh
Guild Starfire 5, Fender Telecaster, Fender Stratocaster, K Yairi and Walden and a 12 Stagg string acoustic guitar and other music making boxes - including mandolin, bouzouki and 5 string banjo, uke and acoustic bass - a few M-Audio keyboards and a flute - all played and treated with equal love and attention - zoom ut 2 pedal and Logic Pro X