OT-recommendations for a dual monitor setup>?

Started by guitarron, December 13, 2010, 01:09:31 PM

guitarron

Getting a new system to run the new Sonar x1
anybody here using a second monitor?
will this card do-it's in a dell i was considering
ATI Radeon HD 5770
thanks
ron

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

guitarron

on second thought maybe a larger monitor will do

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Tony W

This is going to sound really pathetic, but in my office I'm running a 4 monitor setup. At home I run dual monitor. The 5770 is a good card, and it's plug and play, you literally can't go wrong when setting up dual monitor with it.

I'm completely hooked on dual monitor, and there isn't a large enough monitor in the world for me as a result. I'd rather have dual 19" than a single 26".

If you choose to go dual monitor, send me a PM if you need help, I'll walk you through it.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

guitarron

thanks Tony

so you're saying that card has two ports? or is there some sort of splitter for it?
any way thanks for the feedback-might not make that move until my

birthday next month-holiday spending and all that

what kind of desk top do you run? just curious

i built my DAW about 6 maybe 7 years ago-(this is longest i have ever used a single PC) it will still run sonar 8.5, but sonar x is going to bury it for sure

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Tony W

That card has 2 ports, and the bad part about that particular card is that it takes up 2 slots worth of space (the ports are stacked top and bottom). If you are not loading up the pci slots with craziness, you'll be good to go.

For my desk PC and home PC's I custom build with the latest greatest technology, That way I can educate myself as to what is coming up as an industry standard. It's about the only way I can keep up with technology.

For standard workstations in the office, I've been buying Dell for the last 5 years. I can't build them as cheap as I can buy them now. I buy an average of 10 PC's a year, along with 4-5 laptops. Overall, I've been very much impressed with the products Dell provides.

As far as operating system goes, I was pretty excited about Windows 2000 when it came out, and wasn't thrilled with anything, until Windows 7. There are a lot of things I wish were different about Windows 7, but overall its pretty cool.

I know there's a few people on here that avoid Windows like the plague, but me, I've never tried another OS.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR