Empty Stadium Effect?

Started by FuzzFace, December 13, 2010, 09:06:41 AM

FuzzFace

What is a good way to make the vocals sound like you are singing in an empty statdium?

Saijinn Maas

Increase Reverb and some Delay I would think. That'd be the first thing I'd try.

Oldrottenhead

well the obvious answer is sing in an empty stadium. lol, sorry couldnt help it.

but if you have audacity (is that its name i still have really old version called cool pro edit) you can import a dry vocal into that and i am sure they have effects like that  you can add  to your dry vocal. probably can be done in most daw software.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

na_th_an

Exactly, any reverb plugin has a preset for empty stadium :) You can try audicity, it's free. I haven't used it but I'm almost positive it has such a plugin with such a preset. I've seen it everywhere since I can remember. Quite common :)

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Adobe Audition

Glenn Mitchell

You will get a diminished vocal however. IOW it will be hard to get it to sound anything but way in the back.
Try making a copy and putting heavy reverb on it alone and then bring it up under the dry track so you don't lose the original presence.
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Cakewalk Sonar platinum

https://soundcloud.com/you/tracks

Geir

Quote from: M_Glenn_M on October 15, 2012, 10:34:58 PMYou will get a diminished vocal however. IOW it will be hard to get it to sound anything but way in the back.
Try making a copy and putting heavy reverb on it alone and then bring it up under the dry track so you don't lose the original presence.

If your reverb has separate controls for Direct/Effect Levels you don't need an extra track to bring up the dry vox. Another way to not drown the vox in reverb is to adjust the Pre-delay time up a bit.  On the BR800 you can adjust both.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

HarmonicDistortion

To mimic an empty stadium you'll need to rely more on delay with a touch of reverb.   Reverb is short echo, like the sound in a room with hard, reflective surfaces.  A stadium will have echos with longer reflection times (like when you yell 'hello' in a canyon)  Thus to mimic a large stadium you need both reverb, and delay.  How long the delay is set for the first reflection, and how long it repeats and fades-out, will control how you perceive the size of the stadium.
Happiness is not having what you want,
it's wanting what you have.