cant play :-(

Started by corryhully, December 10, 2010, 05:18:17 AM

corryhully

somehow, even though i dont watch wimbledon and the only rachet i ever made was on guitar, i have some how aquired tennis elbow. had it for weeks now. bloody pain it is. anyway no guitar playing for time being. azzle mezzle fezzle gezzle (as gnasher would say).
all the best
terry

Oldrottenhead

ouch hope it gets better soon terry
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

OsCKilO

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

cuthbert

Yowch! Any injury that affects instrument playing is the unfairest of all (been there before) - rest up, and hope you feel better soon (they do heal up).
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Ferryman

Annoying - I assume resting is the only cure, right?

Take it easy,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

alfstone

Quote from: Ferryman on December 19, 2010, 12:40:49 PMAnnoying - I assume resting is the only cure, right?

Take it easy,

Nigel

Yes, it is. Or better, it's the most important part of the therapy

(Dr.) Alfredo

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Tascam DP-24
recorder
Logic Pro
recorder
Adobe Audition
http://soundcloud.com/alfredo-de-pietra 
http://www.flickr.com/photos/26939208@N03/

Gnasty

Sorry to hear. I hate these kinda stories so here is my advice.

I ruptured a tendon in my wrist before and saw many doctors about it and  they said to rest it and put cold on it and heat on it but not to do anything. For 2 years i could not play guitar the same. It was very stressfull and i wasn`t happy for a long time. So what i did was went against their advice and started doing wrist exercises with weights. I also did the same thing with my back problems. If you build a little muscle and make it strong it will only get better unless you have a tear or herniated discs i do not recommend my advice. If it is still swollen just wait for a time where you feel is right and just start out with a light weight.

Doing nothing does nothing in my opinion. I hope you get better so we can hear more recording soon.

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

AndyR

That's bad :(

Hope it clears up soon.
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)