Your favourite Live performances ever (on youtube)

Started by OsCKilO, December 08, 2010, 04:02:14 PM

Bluesberry

Quote from: Geir on December 30, 2010, 06:05:57 AM
Quote from: Bluesberry on December 30, 2010, 05:59:29 AMI'm with you there Geir...Jethro Tull in their day was huge in my books...I am influenced by this era Tull quite a bit in my own songwrtiing I must admit.
Me too Dave, just compare the intro guitar here to the guitar on "The tale of two ladies"
Hahahahahaha...I never noticed before...I would call that a tribute riff...Great playing, thats a hard one to get sounding good.  I once had that whole TAAB intro section figured out, I could do it pretty good, but I haven't played it in a while now.  One of my top songs for sure.  This Huldra song is pretty damn good isn't it...I'm off for a Bump-bait bump right now...

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Tangled Wires

For being able to play one of the greatest guitar riffs whilst doing "that" at 2.40-2.50!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_RC6Jrhqsk

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Bluesberry

Ween are damn good live aren't they.  I likes this big time.  I've never seen them live.  damn fine.

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Gritter

Quote from: Bluesberry on December 31, 2010, 04:41:38 PMWeen are damn good live aren't they.  I likes this big time.  I've never seen them live.  damn fine.

3 hrs shows, no opening band and they drink JD on stage together around the drum kit. See them before you die!

henwrench

I was fortunate enough to see Ween about 10 years ago. They were incredible, I think they played just about every song they do. They opened with 'She Wanted To Leave'. Amazing. I have been to many, many, many gigs, so many I've forgotten about most of them, but Ween stands up as one of the very best.
  Now I know this here thread calls for 'Live' performances, but I can't find a good enough quality video to do this one justice, so I'll cheat and post the studio version. Tricky is another of the finest gigs I've ever had the pleasure of hearing. These lot played in virtual darkness, with the very occassional blue or red backlight flash, illuminating the stage for a couple of seconds at a time. Magical, magical stuff. I had also ingested copiuos amounts of Skunk and Ectasy and Alcohol and Cocaine..... ;D ;D :-* :-* :-* :-*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVFAWSbdrGI
The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Bluesberry

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

pictoratus

I'm sure I'll have a different favorite at some point but right now this it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paeNnR33i5Q

henwrench

Quote from: pictoratus on January 05, 2011, 06:46:25 PMI'm sure I'll have a different favorite at some point but right now this it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paeNnR33i5Q

I'm sorry but this post contains some really bad language.......

What the fuck is that cunt with the silly fucking hat on doing on guitar? Has he heard the original? Does he know what a master Neil Young is? Does he know he should've just gone home and fucked his massive ringpiece with that silly fucking guitar of his? What's his fucking name? You've just DEFINED the meaning of GUITAR WANKING.

I apologise again for the bad language. I am poor, and have had to resort to drinking Tramp's Piss. Cider. Fucking horrible, but cheap.

henwrench
The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR