Your favourite Live performances ever (on youtube)

Started by OsCKilO, December 08, 2010, 04:02:14 PM

Vanncad

It ain't pretty being easy.

Okay to Cover

knniggits

My favourite live band performing one of there more soulful songs. Just listen to the tone of that PRS,it gives me goosebumps. They tend to be quite a heavy band but are able to throw a wide range of styles into the mix.  ;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26qUFv_GMmM
He's not the messiah he's a very naughty boy!

Bluesberry

WILCO...WILCO...WILCO...WILCO...WILCO...WILCO...WILCO...WILCO...WILCO...WILCO...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPAbjNT7nQY

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

hooper

Quote from: Blooby on December 08, 2010, 08:15:25 PMThere was a radio station out of New York called WPLJ, and the Pete slide at 7:50 was featured prominently in TV spot.  Love this video.  Love it!

Oh, yessss!  I saw The Who on this tour... Charlotte, NC.  1972 (I think...) in the old Charlotte Collusium, a realatively small venue (12,000+/-) for a show this big.  I think this vid really captures The Who at their prime and maybe a high-water mark for Rock.  When they came back in after the synth/organ break in the middle... Mooney starts pounding, and then that other-worldly YEAAAAAHHHH!!! ....and the spotlights came up behind the band and out over the crowd, it was just incredible.  Never seen anything like it.
recorder
Tascam DP-24
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Boss Micro BR
'If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?' - TSE

OsCKilO

Quote from: Gritter on December 08, 2010, 04:39:31 PMI have seen NOMEANSNO more than any other band... 25+ times. This, in my youth, was always a mosh-pit highlight.

The Day Everything Became Nothing:

That drummer is Superb!

He Really could hold the show on his own!

It is like The Prodigy without the synths!

Awesome!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Geir

I didn't get to see them until a couple of years ago. They were still good, but I wish I had seen them back in the late 70s. This is one of my favourites. The stage-show may not be much, but to be able to perform such dynamic and quite complex music live and make it sound this good ...... well .... I think I'll have to go change my fest-vote now  :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toHlMD50eYY
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Bluesberry

I'm with you there Geir...Jethro Tull in their day was huge in my books...I am influenced by this era Tull quite a bit in my own songwrtiing I must admit.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Geir

Quote from: Bluesberry on December 30, 2010, 05:59:29 AMI'm with you there Geir...Jethro Tull in their day was huge in my books...I am influenced by this era Tull quite a bit in my own songwrtiing I must admit.
Me too Dave, just compare the intro guitar here to the guitar on "The tale of two ladies"
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Oldrottenhead

QuoteMe too Dave, just compare the intro guitar here to the guitar on "The tale of two ladies"

nice bummp geir.

which gives me a cue to bump one of my fave live (with overdubs) youtube videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhGklQRwI-k
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann